Saline cannot become a dog beach

didier

Senior Insider
A woman has brought her dog the last three mornings. yesterday the dog defecated on the beach, the woman just kept walking by, she did not attempt to scoop this up and the water was starting to flow over this mess. A man who comes every day to saline for the last ten years, has come down to the beach and stopped when he sees this dog, and turns back around and leaves. This is a man that normally stays about an hour. Not sure if he is afraid of dogs or not.

The woman saw me taking pics this morning, so she decided to leave. I am hoping by taking the pics of the dog, perhaps this will stop her from coming back to saline with the dog. I love dogs, but they are forbidden on the beaches here.

IMG_0963.JPG

IMG_0964.JPG

IMG_0965.JPG

IMG_0967.JPG

I didn’t realize that dogs aren’t allowed on the beaches. And, now that I think about it, I’ve never seen a dog on a beach there. Was the law enacted due to the sanitary situation of people not cleaning up after their pets?

I didn’t realize that dogs aren’t allowed on the beaches. And, now that I think about it, I’ve never seen a dog on a beach there. Was the law enacted due to the sanitary situation of people not cleaning up after their pets?

One of the main reasons: Beaches where small children are likely to play should be off limits to dog traffic based on the risk of diseases and parasites such as hookworm, roundworm and campylobacter. These diseases can cause fever, diarrhea, vomiting and blindness. the risks are more severe for children and most at risk citizens..

the sign says no dogs clearly at the entrance. Its unusual to see a dog at saline beach, as it is one of the most popular beaches on the island.

Agree, but there was one unattended little cur that frequented ER. Not this guy!

F209B265-242E-42EB-92D9-7195D478270D.jpeg

Second only to meeting first place holder Sir Rod Stewart was meeting Barty and his people. A big thrill when that little guy wearing his collar with charms tinkling away came into our Villa on a surprise visit.

I have yet NOT to see a dog on all the beaches we frequent even Saline, especially at the end of the day for a sunset poop run along the beach, I have seen as many 4-6 doing this very thing along Saline.

As a dog owner I can say not cleaning up after your dog anywhere in public is just flat out wrong

Just thinking out loud, It's interesting that dogs are allowed in restos but not on beaches.

Wherever a dog is brought, a ‘poop’ bag needs to be in hand.
Now to memories- the Vicar and his wife used to have their adorable three little dogs at the beach when they were ‘ensconced’ at IDF. We enjoyed them.