Phone service and Wifi

Cwater

Senior Insider
Greetings St. Barth friends. For our upcoming vacation, Cheryl and I will be needing phone service and WiFi connections besides what we have at our villa. What do you use? I have never needed services beyond our villa before. We will be down for 12 days. Thanks and hope to see you on the beach

Look into options from your home carrier. Both ATT and Verizon have international plans on a per day cost basis. I use an ATT Passport plan, which is more of a bulk plan, and is good for 2GB or 6GB for one month. https://www.att.com/international/passport/ Depending on where you are on the island, coverage can be great, or it can be pretty poor.

Passport is great for travel as it is a flat amount per day(was $10) and turns on triggered by usage abroad. ATT 4G May be better than WiFi is some places.

Greetings St. Barth friends. For our upcoming vacation, Cheryl and I will be needing phone service and WiFi connections besides what we have at our villa. What do you use? I have never needed services beyond our villa before. We will be down for 12 days. Thanks and hope to see you on the beach

what does your villa have and what do you need beyond that? do you mean elsewhere besides at the villa or more robust than what the villa has already...

With Verizon, we use the monthly plan. I just took a quick look. Looks like it's now up to $100, but, depending on one's length of stay, it can be a better deal than the $10 a day travel pass. The travel pass kicks in each 24 hour period you use it. On any day that you don't open the phone (other than on WiFi), you wouldn't incur the daily travel pass charge. (Hope that makes sense.)

The Verizon monthly pass is available for many countries (not all), including St. Bart's though.

what does your villa have and what do you need beyond that? do you mean elsewhere besides at the villa or more robust than what the villa has already...
Villa Acajous was wonderful in 2019 however their WiFi was spotty. I hope it is better in July. Marie Claude is a gracious and wonderful host. I need to be connected wherever I go on the Island. Especially when Cheryl is shopping and I am hanging at Le Select watching the world go by.

. . . agree regarding Marie Claude. We bought Villa CEC from her, and after many years, she is always available to help us whenever something comes up that we don't know how to handle (where's the water shutoff valve, for example!). A lovely lady.

We find with wifi at the villa and wifi at all of the restaurants and most shops that we don’t need to spend the extra money.

Villa Acajous was wonderful in 2019 however their WiFi was spotty. I hope it is better in July. Marie Claude is a gracious and wonderful host. I need to be connected wherever I go on the Island. Especially when Cheryl is shopping and I am hanging at Le Select watching the world go by.

You could try one of these https://travelwifi.com/

Wow thanks to all for your responses. The sharing on this site is amazing. See you on the beach

if you like your 4g speeds, stick to AT&T, ive had trouble with TMOBILE not connecting with 4G in some parts of the island.

if your villa doesnt have good wifi, you can ask the rental company to supply you an Orange 4g wifi box. for best reception sometimes you need to leave it by a window or even outside under cover.