Michelin Announces 2021 Stars for New York City

> In Michelin parlance, one star means “high quality cooking, worth a stop;” two stars indicates “excellent cooking, worth a detour;” three stars signifies “exceptional cuisine, worth a special journey.”

Thanks for the link to this interesting article. I didn't know what the stars meant. I was surprised and delighted to see that my favorite restaurant in Manhattan, the East Village Japanese eatery Kanoyama made the list with one star. We live in Philly so we only dine occasionally in NYC, but we have our favorites like Robert on Columbus Circle, Lincoln at Lincoln Center, Kouzan on the Upper West Side, Cafe Sabarsky at the Upper East Side Neue Gallery, and the now-shuttered Demarchelier French Bistro formerly located on the Upper East Side, now located in Greenport, Long Island. So many restaurants, so little opportunities to dine out in Manhattan, especially with the pandemic!

From the Inn at Little Washington bar area

IMG_2083.jpeg

> In Michelin parlance, one star means “high quality cooking, worth a stop;” two stars indicates “excellent cooking, worth a detour;” three stars signifies “exceptional cuisine, worth a special journey.”

Thanks for the link to this interesting article. I didn't know what the stars meant. I was surprised and delighted to see that my favorite restaurant in Manhattan, the East Village Japanese eatery Kanoyama made the list with one star. We live in Philly so we only dine occasionally in NYC, but we have our favorites like Robert on Columbus Circle, Lincoln at Lincoln Center, Kouzan on the Upper West Side, Cafe Sabarsky at the Upper East Side Neue Gallery, and the now-shuttered Demarchelier French Bistro formerly located on the Upper East Side, now located in Greenport, Long Island. So many restaurants, so little opportunities to dine out in Manhattan, especially with the pandemic!
Good to see you posting. I had the pleasure to dine with two of my sons at a restaurant Sunday evening that was in a very large building. No masks needed once you were seated.

Even one star means bring your savings account but for special occasions well worth it!
Wonder if a meatless restaurant will earn a star such as 11 Madison Avenue? I vote it shouldn’t impact the decision.