Vitet area - pros/cons

renichol

Looking for some feedback regarding renting a villa in the Vitet area. My wife and I found St Barts in 1998 and have been back several times but it's been ~10 year and it's time to get back, however this time introducing our two daughters(21 and 18). We've stayed in St Jean, Corossol, and above Grand cul-de-sac(close to Vitet).

Any and all feedback is much appreciated: weather(in June), distances, road construction, etc....

Thanks!

pros: the view is amazing from vitet. you won't need any a/c as there is always a nice breeze.

cons: a bit of a drive from your villa to almost anywhere on the island except grand cul de sac.

however the weather in June is always good unless there is a hurricane of course, but then it would be a rare event here for that month. less traffic as even some of the locals are on vacation elsewhere. the ocean water is warmer.

there will be construction especially in st. jean, as they are building a large hotel near eden rock.

you may find that the island is a little more laid back.

My thought is the island is small enough that it almost doesn’t matter where you locate. Breezes are good though to keep the mosquitoes away which is a plus for Vitet.

After Tim left, Vitet lost her charm to me. The little bridge just off the main road reminds me of French Viêt Nam.

On the way up to Pte. Milou, we once took the wrong road at the top and ended up in Vitet in the dark. We were new to the island and were truly lost. We figured it out quickly. We did love the views from up there though, even at night.

Years ago we rented a villa in Vitet that had water views to the east and west. It was accessed from Grand Frond area.

We have rented the same villa in Vitet for 15 years. Skipped last year and this year because of covid. Going back next year. Best views on the island and very quiet.

The views are unquestionably great. My only concern would be construction on the road going up the Camaruche hillside. My recollection is that construction approaching the hillside has sometimes forced all traffic to go through Grand Fond, which would be a big PITA. What are the COM’s plans for continuing utility construction up the hillside?

Years ago we rented a villa in Vitet that had water views to the east and west. It was accessed from Grand Frond area.

uh, how does one access Vitet from Grand Fond ?
Screen Shot 2021-05-05 at 11.07.51 AM.png
perhaps via GCdS ?

There is a road right past the Guanahani entrance (going toward Marigot) that pops you out at Trois Forces.

There is a road right past the Guanahani entrance (going toward Marigot) that pops you out at Trois Forces.

right. that is the GCdS access. that plus Camaruche and helicopter are only accesses I'm aware of. I guess some pretty heavy-duty rock and scrub brush scrambling could get you into someone's backyard.

right. that is the GCdS access. that plus Camaruche and helicopter are only accesses I'm aware of. I guess some pretty heavy-duty rock and scrub brush scrambling could get you into someone's backyard.

yes that's from Marigot up to Vitet, not Grand Fond...!