NYT: EU recommends opening travel to foreigners

France is opening to americans on June 9th. you will NOT have to be vaccinated to enter France when France opens, you will need a negative pcr test. France will also accept vaccinated persons if they also have a negative pcr when they arrive.

Hopefully St. Barths will open sooner than June 9th for vaccinated Americans.

did you not read my reply? france is opening to ANYONE with a negative pcr test on June 9th, and they are okay if you are vaccinated also, but you don't have to be.

right now if you come from sxm to sbh via the ferry, you don't even need the pcr test to enter sbh according to voyager's facebook page. a few americans that I know, came thru on the ferry last week and said all that customs did was ask for their passport, nothing else.

Thanks for the info didier. I did read your earlier note but that didn't provide the info that your second post did which was more along the lines of the details I was hoping for. Thank you for the info. I am an American who has been fully vaccinated for several weeks now and I have a trip to St. Barth planned for May 28 - May 30th coming over on Voyager ferry from St. Maarten. That is good to hear above that I should not have any issue getting in then. My wife and I have also scheduled to take a PCR covid-19 test within 3 days of arriving to St. Barths to ensure we have showing negative covid test results covered also. I very much look forward to visiting the beautiful island of St. Barths.

So I noticed that article mentioned that you must have 14 days between your last dose and your arrival in the EU. When I contacted Happy Villa they said that timeline does not matter - has anyone heard of issues not being able to get into SBH if their second dose is less than 14 days? I'm getting my first vaccine next Monday and arrive June 12th for our 4th postponed honeymoon! Beyond ready to be in paradise!

When is the island opening for non-vaccinated ?
this question brings a greater argument into focus. For me I loved getting vaccinated. I feel protected by a super coat of armor. I would hope that those that choose not to please away from me.

I'm vaccinated. Just curious though, if you are vaccinated and also with a superior coat of armor, why would it bother you if someone who isn't, is somewhat near you ?

this question brings a greater argument into focus. For me I loved getting vaccinated. I feel protected by a super coat of armor. I would hope that those that choose not to please away from me.

did you not read my reply? france is opening to ANYONE with a negative pcr test on June 9th, and they are okay if you are vaccinated also, but you don't have to be.

right now if you come from sxm to sbh via the ferry, you don't even need the pcr test to enter sbh according to voyager's facebook page. a few americans that I know, came thru on the ferry last week and said all that customs did was ask for their passport, nothing else.
Wondering, traveling by ferry, if the no-test-required is meant for island residents, meaning workers or residents going back and forth? Obviously travelers flying into SXM have to have required testing/health forms to enter St M so in theory only those who might travel by ferry without a test would be residents?​

What a warm and welcoming message to a new member asking a question of understanding. We can all do better. We can all be better.

sorry at first I thought you were another poster. the person who always gives a thumbs up to anything you say...

we can all do better. especially persons who are so critical of others, some in here call others names such as Karen etc. it does not matter if you are a new poster or if you are a long time poster, if you cannot be nice to others while trying to make a point, then what is your point?

as with a regular email you cannot see the person's face or how they are truly replying to you. was it funny?

.did you not read my reply? was meant to be funny coming from me as I am a happy person. If it was taken as being anything other than that, then its the reader's perspective and certainly not anything that I intended.

jek if you had read this reply from amy, cec1, phil or kevin, would you not have taken it as funny. I think you can do better too.

sorry at first I thought you were another poster. the person who always gives a thumbs up to anything you say...

we can all do better. especially persons who are so critical of others, some in here call others names such as Karen etc. it does not matter if you are a new poster or if you are a long time poster, if you cannot be nice to others while trying to make a point, then what is your point?

as with a regular email you cannot see the person's face or how they are truly replying to you. was it funny?

.did you not read my reply? was meant to be funny coming from me as I am a happy person. If it was taken as being anything other than that, then its the reader's perspective and certainly not anything that I intended.

jek if you had read this reply from amy, cec1, phil or kevin, would you not have taken it as funny. I think you can do better too.
Well said.

You know of course, that none of them would be that curt with a new poster or an established poster. Show us your happiness!:D

I'm 70 years old. Four of us are coming to CEC for three weeks in December. So the fact that I agreed with the majority of what didier posted you post Hoo-boy! I'm guessing that is a threat. If I am wrong please tell me what Hoo-boy! means to you.

Hoo-boy is a Texas term of endearment. I learned it from Dennis from Austin! :biglaugh: