Ehas form

RDJ

First off, I really appreciate this forum and all the helpful information. It is a stressful time to travel and thanks to everyone who takes the time to share tips on the process!

My husband and I are arriving to SBH via SXM (by ferry) next week. I believe I understand the testing requirements for entry (although I do worry about the timing of the tests, etc)! My question is about filling in the EHAS form. I haven't seen any threads about this so hopefully it's easier than it appears. I can't fill it out until I get negative test results, but I'm anticipating any issues. On the first page of the form, it asks for your sxm hotel (from the drop down menu) and address. I don't see a way to opt out of those fields - how do you answer that when you are staying in sbh? Are there any other potentially confusing questions on the EHAS form that I should anticipate?

On voyager's facebook page from 2 days ago, it says no compelling reason to visit st. barths . no pcr test required to travel from sxm to sbh. you can check out their facebook page. its voyager st. barth. that means you won't need that letter either when you travel with them. thats all I know.

On voyager's facebook page from 2 days ago, it says no compelling reason to visit st. barths . no pcr test required to travel from sxm to sbh. you can check out their facebook page. its voyager st. barth. that means you won't need that letter either when you travel with them. thats all I know.

This is very helpful. Thank you! What about proof of vax? We are traveling in a group of four on May 27-June 3rd, so seven days. However, only 3 parties are vaccinated due to one of our travelers who cannot get the vaccine until July because of medical treatment he is receiving. Also, I haven't been able to find any information on how the negotiations are going between St. Barths and France on re-opening. Anyone have some information on this?

This is very helpful. Thank you! What about proof of vax? We are traveling in a group of four on May 27-June 3rd, so seven days. However, only 3 parties are vaccinated due to one of our travelers who cannot get the vaccine until July because of medical treatment he is receiving. Also, I haven't been able to find any information on how the negotiations are going between St. Barths and France on re-opening. Anyone have some information on this?

voyager site is voy12.com I know of tourists coming in via the ferry from sxm and nothing was asked of them other than their passport. you can send voyager a message on their website, bon voyage.

First off, I really appreciate this forum and all the helpful information. It is a stressful time to travel and thanks to everyone who takes the time to share tips on the process!

My husband and I are arriving to SBH via SXM (by ferry) next week. I believe I understand the testing requirements for entry (although I do worry about the timing of the tests, etc)! My question is about filling in the EHAS form. I haven't seen any threads about this so hopefully it's easier than it appears. I can't fill it out until I get negative test results, but I'm anticipating any issues. On the first page of the form, it asks for your sxm hotel (from the drop down menu) and address. I don't see a way to opt out of those fields - how do you answer that when you are staying in sbh? Are there any other potentially confusing questions on the EHAS form that I should anticipate?
If you check the box that says transit only, the number of nights should come up as 0 in St M and you then put St Barth as your final destination. Don't forget you have to fill out the same form for transit back through SXM for departure. I forgot the day before, so did it very early the morning we left and it went through very quickly.

The last time I was nosing around the EHAS site it was a little confusing for ferry passengers. It asks for your departure airline/flight number, which I assume you would just list the Voyager Ferry info here. Is this what others have done?

This stuff should not be so confusing for people that want to come to SBH. I guess with the unpredictable virus everything related has to be uncertain as well.

Also, I haven't been able to find any information on how the negotiations are going between St. Barths and France on re-opening. Anyone have some information on this?

There was rumor of a May 1 easing and then another concerning a look at vaccination levels after 15 May. The article in today’s News makes it clear the Métropole is still quite concerned about the Outre Mer.

Thank you for the reminder Amery! When did you get tested on sbh before departing?
A negative test is required within 3 days of return to the US. We left on friday so went to the Red Cross tents wednesday morning for antigen tests and had results in an hour.

There was rumor of a May 1 easing and then another concerning a look at vaccination levels after 15 May. The article in today’s News makes it clear the Métropole is still quite concerned about the Outre Mer.

Do we know what the vaccination rate on the island is thus far? Is there a certain threshold for reopening? I.e. 50%?

Do we know what the vaccination rate on the island is thus far? Is there a certain threshold for reopening? I.e. 50%?

I heard the other day that it was 44% vaccinated. I am not sure if that is correct by the end of the week they should have more accurate numbers. unofficially the island seems to be open. there has been no official announcement from the president as yet, but I expect he will say something soon.

I heard the other day that it was 44% vaccinated. I am not sure if that is correct by the end of the week they should have more accurate numbers. unofficially the island seems to be open. there has been no official announcement from the president as yet, but I expect he will say something soon.

The unoffical way the island is open is an effort to protect the inhabitants from the virus spread by certification of vaccination.

There seems to be another "cheating" method of entrance being permitted (the ferry) that does not afford that protection.

It appears proof of vaccination in a key to open borders in the Metropole and Continent, so it I imagine it will be a gate for the island.

I'm hearing from many Forum members (on island and off) that they prefer vaccinated tourists/guests.

The unoffical way the island is open is an effort to protect the inhabitants from the virus spread by certification of vaccination.

There seems to be another "cheating" method of entrance being permitted (the ferry) that does not afford that protection.

It appears proof of vaccination in a key to open borders in the Metropole and Continent, so it I imagine it will be a gate for the island.

I'm hearing from many Forum members (on island and off) that they prefer vaccinated tourists/guests.

i am 100% with you John

I am hearing from many forum members also via facebook, very few send me pm messages on here because most believe the mods might read their pm's. :eek:

some members that have sent me pm's on facebook, own villas and they don't care if a renter is vaccinated or not. one member said that it would be villa renting suicide to adopt such a policy of only renting to vaccinated guests. I had never heard that expression before, must be new..lol.

I have noticed all the local business places such as hardware stores, restaurants, clothing stores etc on the island of st. barths do not care if someone has been vaccinated.

some people that you call friends on the island jek are not getting vaccinated. would you unfriend them, stop speaking to them or would you say its their choice and stay friends with them? I was discussing this with one of our mutual friends the other night who said that he is definitely not getting vaccinated.

Moderators are incapable of reading PMs. If we could, then . . . Hoo-Boy!

On my island friends who are not getting vaccinated: I know. We are still friends on SM and in real life.

You do realize that this comment is simply wishful thinking and unwarranted moralizing on your part...right? I get that it is your "thing"...and that of some others on the board (Hey GramChop!:biglaugh:) but the fact remains that the officials on the island are checking people onto the Voyager and reviewing passports etc...so there is by definition no "cheating" involved.

You might disagree for whatever reason with the decisions of those who run things...but it is most assuredly not cheating.

Words have meaning. You are entitled to your opinions...not to your own facts.

Namaste! :pray1: