Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 34

Thread: Ehas form

  1. #1
    RDJ is offline
    SBH New Member Joined: May 2021 Posts: 3

    Ehas form

    First off, I really appreciate this forum and all the helpful information. It is a stressful time to travel and thanks to everyone who takes the time to share tips on the process!

    My husband and I are arriving to SBH via SXM (by ferry) next week. I believe I understand the testing requirements for entry (although I do worry about the timing of the tests, etc)! My question is about filling in the EHAS form. I haven't seen any threads about this so hopefully it's easier than it appears. I can't fill it out until I get negative test results, but I'm anticipating any issues. On the first page of the form, it asks for your sxm hotel (from the drop down menu) and address. I don't see a way to opt out of those fields - how do you answer that when you are staying in sbh? Are there any other potentially confusing questions on the EHAS form that I should anticipate?

  2. #2
    didier is offline
    SBH Insider Joined: Oct 2005 flamands Posts: 6,281

    Re: Ehas form

    On voyager's facebook page from 2 days ago, it says no compelling reason to visit st. barths . no pcr test required to travel from sxm to sbh. you can check out their facebook page. its voyager st. barth. that means you won't need that letter either when you travel with them. thats all I know.

  3. #3

    Re: Ehas form

    Quote Originally Posted by didier View Post
    On voyager's facebook page from 2 days ago, it says no compelling reason to visit st. barths . no pcr test required to travel from sxm to sbh. you can check out their facebook page. its voyager st. barth. that means you won't need that letter either when you travel with them. thats all I know.
    This is very helpful. Thank you! What about proof of vax? We are traveling in a group of four on May 27-June 3rd, so seven days. However, only 3 parties are vaccinated due to one of our travelers who cannot get the vaccine until July because of medical treatment he is receiving. Also, I haven't been able to find any information on how the negotiations are going between St. Barths and France on re-opening. Anyone have some information on this?

  4. #4
    didier is offline
    SBH Insider Joined: Oct 2005 flamands Posts: 6,281

    Re: Ehas form

    Quote Originally Posted by Idelysm View Post
    This is very helpful. Thank you! What about proof of vax? We are traveling in a group of four on May 27-June 3rd, so seven days. However, only 3 parties are vaccinated due to one of our travelers who cannot get the vaccine until July because of medical treatment he is receiving. Also, I haven't been able to find any information on how the negotiations are going between St. Barths and France on re-opening. Anyone have some information on this?
    voyager site is voy12.com I know of tourists coming in via the ferry from sxm and nothing was asked of them other than their passport. you can send voyager a message on their website, bon voyage.

  5. #5

    Re: Ehas form

    Quote Originally Posted by didier View Post
    voyager site is voy12.com I know of tourists coming in via the ferry from sxm and nothing was asked of them other than their passport. you can send voyager a message on their website, bon voyage.

    Will do! Thanks so much!

  6. #6
    Amery is offline
    SBH Member Joined: Sep 2017 Posts: 65

    Re: Ehas form

    Quote Originally Posted by RDJ View Post
    First off, I really appreciate this forum and all the helpful information. It is a stressful time to travel and thanks to everyone who takes the time to share tips on the process!

    My husband and I are arriving to SBH via SXM (by ferry) next week. I believe I understand the testing requirements for entry (although I do worry about the timing of the tests, etc)! My question is about filling in the EHAS form. I haven't seen any threads about this so hopefully it's easier than it appears. I can't fill it out until I get negative test results, but I'm anticipating any issues. On the first page of the form, it asks for your sxm hotel (from the drop down menu) and address. I don't see a way to opt out of those fields - how do you answer that when you are staying in sbh? Are there any other potentially confusing questions on the EHAS form that I should anticipate?
    If you check the box that says transit only, the number of nights should come up as 0 in St M and you then put St Barth as your final destination. Don't forget you have to fill out the same form for transit back through SXM for departure. I forgot the day before, so did it very early the morning we left and it went through very quickly.

  7. #7
    lvbookworm is offline
    SBH Member Joined: Feb 2019 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 381

    Re: Ehas form

    The last time I was nosing around the EHAS site it was a little confusing for ferry passengers. It asks for your departure airline/flight number, which I assume you would just list the Voyager Ferry info here. Is this what others have done?

  8. #8
    stbartshopper is offline
    SBH Insider Joined: Dec 2013 Indianapolis, Indiana, U.S.A. Posts: 11,317

    Re: Ehas form

    This stuff should not be so confusing for people that want to come to SBH. I guess with the unpredictable virus everything related has to be uncertain as well.

  9. #9
    JEK is offline
    Senior Insider Joined: Jan 2004 In the ether . . . Posts: 55,174

    Re: Ehas form

    Quote Originally Posted by Idelysm View Post
    Also, I haven't been able to find any information on how the negotiations are going between St. Barths and France on re-opening. Anyone have some information on this?
    There was rumor of a May 1 easing and then another concerning a look at vaccination levels after 15 May. The article in today’s News makes it clear the Métropole is still quite concerned about the Outre Mer.
    The Marius 100th Birthday Party Memorial -- June 5, 2023

  10. #10
    RDJ is offline
    SBH New Member Joined: May 2021 Posts: 3

    Re: Ehas form

    Thank you for the reminder Amery! When did you get tested on sbh before departing?

  11. #11
    Amery is offline
    SBH Member Joined: Sep 2017 Posts: 65

    Re: Ehas form

    Quote Originally Posted by RDJ View Post
    Thank you for the reminder Amery! When did you get tested on sbh before departing?
    A negative test is required within 3 days of return to the US. We left on friday so went to the Red Cross tents wednesday morning for antigen tests and had results in an hour.

  12. #12

    Re: Ehas form

    Quote Originally Posted by JEK View Post
    There was rumor of a May 1 easing and then another concerning a look at vaccination levels after 15 May. The article in today’s News makes it clear the Métropole is still quite concerned about the Outre Mer.
    Do we know what the vaccination rate on the island is thus far? Is there a certain threshold for reopening? I.e. 50%?

  13. #13
    didier is offline
    SBH Insider Joined: Oct 2005 flamands Posts: 6,281

    Re: Ehas form

    Quote Originally Posted by Idelysm View Post
    Do we know what the vaccination rate on the island is thus far? Is there a certain threshold for reopening? I.e. 50%?
    I heard the other day that it was 44% vaccinated. I am not sure if that is correct by the end of the week they should have more accurate numbers. unofficially the island seems to be open. there has been no official announcement from the president as yet, but I expect he will say something soon.

  14. #14
    JEK is offline
    Senior Insider Joined: Jan 2004 In the ether . . . Posts: 55,174

    Re: Ehas form

    Quote Originally Posted by didier View Post
    I heard the other day that it was 44% vaccinated. I am not sure if that is correct by the end of the week they should have more accurate numbers. unofficially the island seems to be open. there has been no official announcement from the president as yet, but I expect he will say something soon.
    The unoffical way the island is open is an effort to protect the inhabitants from the virus spread by certification of vaccination.

    There seems to be another "cheating" method of entrance being permitted (the ferry) that does not afford that protection.

    It appears proof of vaccination in a key to open borders in the Metropole and Continent, so it I imagine it will be a gate for the island.

    I'm hearing from many Forum members (on island and off) that they prefer vaccinated tourists/guests.
    The Marius 100th Birthday Party Memorial -- June 5, 2023

  15. #15
    Rosita is online now
    SBH Insider Joined: Jun 2003 st-barthelemy Posts: 1,851

    Re: Ehas form

    Quote Originally Posted by JEK View Post
    The unoffical way the island is open is an effort to protect the inhabitants from the virus spread by certification of vaccination.

    There seems to be another "cheating" method of entrance being permitted (the ferry) that does not afford that protection.

    It appears proof of vaccination in a key to open borders in the Metropole and Continent, so it I imagine it will be a gate for the island.

    I'm hearing from many Forum members (on island and off) that they prefer vaccinated tourists/guests.
    i am 100% with you John
    thanks
    rosita
    ..........
    villa la baleine | villa les jardins d'Emmanuel | villa les basses

  16. #16
    RDJ is offline
    SBH New Member Joined: May 2021 Posts: 3

    Re: Ehas form

    Good point. We are vaccinated - just happen to be arriving by ferry!

  17. #17
    GramChop is offline
    SBH Insider Joined: Jul 2007 Austin, Texas Posts: 17,822

    Re: Ehas form

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosita View Post
    i am 100% with you John
    thanks
    The waves of the sea bring me back to me.

  18. #18
    didier is offline
    SBH Insider Joined: Oct 2005 flamands Posts: 6,281

    Re: Ehas form

    Quote Originally Posted by JEK View Post

    I'm hearing from many Forum members (on island and off) that they prefer vaccinated tourists/guests.

    I am hearing from many forum members also via facebook, very few send me pm messages on here because most believe the mods might read their pm's.

    some members that have sent me pm's on facebook, own villas and they don't care if a renter is vaccinated or not. one member said that it would be villa renting suicide to adopt such a policy of only renting to vaccinated guests. I had never heard that expression before, must be new..lol.

    I have noticed all the local business places such as hardware stores, restaurants, clothing stores etc on the island of st. barths do not care if someone has been vaccinated.

    some people that you call friends on the island jek are not getting vaccinated. would you unfriend them, stop speaking to them or would you say its their choice and stay friends with them? I was discussing this with one of our mutual friends the other night who said that he is definitely not getting vaccinated.

  19. #19
    JEK is offline
    Senior Insider Joined: Jan 2004 In the ether . . . Posts: 55,174

    Re: Ehas form

    Moderators are incapable of reading PMs. If we could, then . . . Hoo-Boy!

    On my island friends who are not getting vaccinated: I know. We are still friends on SM and in real life.
    The Marius 100th Birthday Party Memorial -- June 5, 2023

  20. #20

    Re: Ehas form

    Quote Originally Posted by JEK View Post

    There seems to be another "cheating" method of entrance being permitted (the ferry) that does not afford that protection.
    You do realize that this comment is simply wishful thinking and unwarranted moralizing on your part...right? I get that it is your "thing"...and that of some others on the board (Hey GramChop!) but the fact remains that the officials on the island are checking people onto the Voyager and reviewing passports etc...so there is by definition no "cheating" involved.

    You might disagree for whatever reason with the decisions of those who run things...but it is most assuredly not cheating.

    Words have meaning. You are entitled to your opinions...not to your own facts.

    Namaste!

  21. #21
    JEK is offline
    Senior Insider Joined: Jan 2004 In the ether . . . Posts: 55,174

    Re: Ehas form

    Decisions have meaning too. Introducing pandemic disease to an isolated island lacking medical capabilities is immoral.
    The Marius 100th Birthday Party Memorial -- June 5, 2023

  22. #22
    GramChop is offline
    SBH Insider Joined: Jul 2007 Austin, Texas Posts: 17,822

    Re: Ehas form

    Quote Originally Posted by JEK View Post
    Decisions have meaning too. Introducing pandemic disease to an isolated island lacking medical capabilities is immoral.
    The waves of the sea bring me back to me.

  23. #23

    Re: Ehas form

    Quote Originally Posted by GramChop View Post

  24. #24

    Re: Ehas form

    Quote Originally Posted by JEK View Post
    Decisions have meaning too. Introducing pandemic disease to an isolated island lacking medical capabilities is immoral.
    Trying to remove agency from individuals is also immoral...

    Not to mention establishing false equivalency to score phantom points in the woke game...folks are tested coming to the island...so your fact pattern is fact free. Just sayin'

  25. #25
    JEK is offline
    Senior Insider Joined: Jan 2004 In the ether . . . Posts: 55,174

    Re: Ehas form

    Please join on Friday at five.
    The Marius 100th Birthday Party Memorial -- June 5, 2023

  26. #26
    didier is offline
    SBH Insider Joined: Oct 2005 flamands Posts: 6,281

    Re: Ehas form

    Quote Originally Posted by JEK View Post
    Please join on Friday at five.
    "I never make plans that far ahead."

  27. #27
    didier is offline
    SBH Insider Joined: Oct 2005 flamands Posts: 6,281

    Re: Ehas form

    Quote Originally Posted by Lawshark13 View Post
    Trying to remove agency from individuals is also immoral...

    Not to mention establishing false equivalency to score phantom points in the woke game...folks are tested coming to the island...so your fact pattern is fact free. Just sayin'
    perfect reply....and so true.

  28. #28
    didier is offline
    SBH Insider Joined: Oct 2005 flamands Posts: 6,281

    Re: Ehas form

    Quote Originally Posted by JEK View Post
    Decisions have meaning too. Introducing pandemic disease to an isolated island lacking medical capabilities is immoral.
    Your local friends on the island who are not getting vaccinated want you to stop calling their friends who are not getting vaccinated but are coming to the island immoral. Their friends are getting a neg pcr test before they arrive, their choice is just to not get vaccinated. btw they lurk, they just do not post.

    I was wondering if this forum could get back to giving travel advice without calling other people immoral or anything else. btw people who do choose vaccination, some have gotten covid and passed it to others.

  29. #29
    Jim A is offline
    SBH Insider Joined: Jan 2017 NY Posts: 840

    Re: Ehas form

    Quote Originally Posted by Lawshark13 View Post
    Trying to remove agency from individuals is also immoral...

    Not to mention establishing false equivalency to score phantom points in the woke game...folks are tested coming to the island...so your fact pattern is fact free. Just sayin'
    I thought some people on here were stating that the ferry only required a passport?

  30. #30

    Re: Ehas form

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim A View Post
    I thought some people on here were stating that the ferry only required a passport?
    That's correct...but...think it through to the next step...

Similar Threads

  1. The form we have been looking for . . .
    By JEK in forum Everything Else
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-08-2021, 09:24 PM
  2. Destination form
    By Août in forum St Barts Island Main Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-12-2020, 06:24 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •