the beach, no seaweed! then shopping

didier

Senior Insider
I went by the shop that is liquidating in Gustavia. she said closing of the store will happen on saturday. I got the last pair of size 8 shoes. she still has many pairs in other sizes left. also, got the dda a couple of linen shirts. I then went to a few stores in st. jean, got a beautiful linen blouse, it was not on sale :( but once I tried the blouse on, had to have it, she gave me a resident discount because it was new merchandise. perhaps more stuff tomorrow?

the beach at saline had no seaweed, not even at the end. those guys do a great job.

IMG_0885.JPG

IMG_0887.JPG

IMG_0889.JPG

IMG_0894.JPG

IMG_0895.JPG

. . . interesting note, Diana, about getting a “resident discount,” because it’s a concept that’s widely denied by merchants who will respond about the matter. A very nice privilege of your local status!

Lovely sandals! Now that I've seen the picture I know exactly which store you're talking about. Sad to see them go.

. . . interesting note, Diana, about getting a “resident discount,” because it’s a concept that’s widely denied by merchants who will respond about the matter. A very nice privilege of your local status!

I agree that some merchants on the island do not wish to give the discount, but when the owner is at the shop it can be different story, and as the owner said to me this morning, I saw that you were at the protest with Helene, I am definitely giving you a discount.

Lovely sandals! Now that I've seen the picture I know exactly which store you're talking about. Sad to see them go.

yes the store has been there in the same location for many years now. their sandals are well known on the island. I did not wish to spend so much for sandals before, but I had many friends who bought them and wore them in the states. they had asked 310 euros in the past. today on sale for 100 euros. a great buy. the linen shirts were now 50 euros. I think the linen store is less expensive on their linen shirts, but I love the quality of cafe coton.

I know too, that little street by the often re-named/changed hands restaurant on the water, shop was called Joy I think, have 2 pair of sandals from there. Loved the bling !

I went by the shop that is liquidating in Gustavia. she said closing of the store will happen on saturday. I got the last pair of size 8 shoes. she still has many pairs in other sizes left. also, got the dda a couple of linen shirts. I then went to a few stores in st. jean, got a beautiful linen blouse, it was not on sale :( but once I tried the blouse on, had to have it, she gave me a resident discount because it was new merchandise. perhaps more stuff tomorrow?

the beach at saline had no seaweed, not even at the end. those guys do a great job.

View attachment 56939

View attachment 56940

View attachment 56941

View attachment 56942

View attachment 56943

You scored ! love the sandals you found !

I went by this morning, the store is cleaned out, doors closed, no merchandise showing inside. I guessed they closed earlier than they thought.

I agree that some merchants on the island do not wish to give the discount, but when the owner is at the shop it can be different story, and as the owner said to me this morning, I saw that you were at the protest with Helene, I am definitely giving you a discount.

Win win!

How is Marigot Bay now for swimming?