Le Journal - Terre et Mer, New Book By Rosemond Greax and Ed Gudenus

KevinS

Senior Insider
This book has been mentioned here before. Le Journal has now posted an article on it.

T&M.jpg

Translation by Google "The photos of the accomplice photographers Rosemond Gréaux and Edmund Gudenas, gathered in the book Terre & Mer, are all more impressive than the others."

I take that as meaning that every photo in the book, taken by two accomplished (and accomplice) photographers, is more impressive than the previous photo. We all know that Rosie has been taking great photos on the water forever. We also know that Ed does a great job on land. I'm excited to see this great collaboration of Terre et Mer (Land and Sea).

Perhaps Ellen can advise us if it is possible to buy the book in the US. If not, I will certainly buy a copy on my next visit to SBH.

Translation of the full article by Google:

Saint-Barthélemy is revealed in all its sweetness and beauty in a unique book. It compiles part of the photo archives of accomplice photographers Rosemond Gréaux and Edmund Gudenas, an American from Ohio in love with the island. Everything is put into words by Ellen Lampert-Gréaux and on page by Florence Voix. Edmund Gudenas is not on his first try. He has indeed produced two large format books dedicated to the island, St Barth Souvenirs published in 2018 and St Barth XL in 2013.

It's a long-term project, remembers Rosemond Gréaux: “We first met at the end of the 90s. My wife Ellen and I really enjoyed the photos Edmund had taken of the Select. Over the years and from his visits, we became friends and expressed the wish to make a common book of photographs. I like to say he has become my photo sidekick. " Following an accident that prevented him from working for many months, Rosemond, photographer and sports editor for the Journal de Saint-Barth for decades, returned to the project. “In December 2019, I decided to search my archives for the most beautiful and impressive photos I had taken for the Journal de Saint-Barth as well as for Harbor Magazine over the years. I spent long hours in front of my computer screen selecting them! "

The title of the book, Terre et Mer, was not chosen at random. “Ed is fascinated by Saint-Barthélemy, its landscapes, its horizons and its festivities,” explains Rosemond, “while I am more comfortable on the water. As a sports journalist, I have covered countless nautical events such as the Bucket, La Cata Cup, Voiles de Saint-Barth or the AG2R. It was therefore natural that I devote myself to the sea part. "

The photos are all more impressive than the others, thanks to a very special technique: “Over the years I have refined my way of taking photos of different sports competitions. For example for nautical events, I go out on the water in the dinghy with a pilot. This way I can get close enough to the boats to capture the moment and immortalize their occupants in action. For Ed's photos, he takes nine or ten photos of the same scene and then merges them together using software. "

A volume 2 will not surprise us at the sight of the number of photos that the two accomplices have taken over the years. “This book is a very educational project,” concludes Rosemond. We invite you to discover this book which, perhaps, hides a photo of you. Indeed, you have participated in a nautical event or a Carnival, a birthday at the Select, you may appear in one of the pages of the book.

I don't think we are going to put it on Amazon as they take a big chunk $$$ and charge for storage etc... I will get with Ed who is back in Ohio and post how to order in the US ... thanks !

I don't think we are going to put it on Amazon as they take a big chunk $$$ and charge for storage etc... I will get with Ed who is back in Ohio and post how to order in the US ... thanks !
Hopefully the authors will find a market where they will be compensated for great talents.

Still interested in U.S. availability for this gem. If not, is it available in SBH? Do we pre-order? So far, planning to visit in November :) Jo.

Still interested in U.S. availability for this gem. If not, is it available in SBH? Do we pre-order? So far, planning to visit in November :) Jo.

Hi Jo,
here's how to order in the US:
Books! To everyone who would like to order a copy or copies of Terre & Mer / Land & Sea.. here's what to do... please send an email to Jo-Anne Quetel at lesartisans@mac.com

She will call you and take your credit card info over the phone... also please give her your mailing address and we will send the book(s) from the States...the printer has a stock!

thanks!
Ellen and Rosemond