usa sending out astrazeneca vaccine to other countries

didier

Senior Insider
It was announced yesterday by the white house that over 60 million doses of the astrazeneca vaccine will be sent out to other countries. this vaccine has not been approved by the FDA for use in the united states.

also the usa will be sending ventilators to India. a nice thing.

AstraZeneca has not applied for emergency use authorization for their vaccine in the US. It would be impossible for the FDA to approve a submission that hasn't happened yet.

As to the current US AZ vaccine donation, the US conducted a safety assessment before generously sending 60,000,000+ doses of the AZ vaccine to countries in need. Here's an interesting statistical perspective on blood clots to take some of the hype and politics out of things.

Vaccination blood clot link.png

Jeanette, all I did was give a report about the usa sending out vaccines to other countries, such as the one that has not been approved by the FDA.

and as far as your report goes, I never took birth control pills.....because of the risks, don't care how low the chances of side effects were. its a personal choice as it should be.

surprised you did not mention that the usa is also sending urgently needed ventilators to India...no controversy for you there?

Hi Diana. My comment was not directed to you or your use of birth control pills, I was simply putting the incidence of blood clots into perspective.

I was also clarifying that there's a big difference between a drug "not being approved by the FDA" as you noted versus a drug not yet being submitted for FDA approval.

The US sending ventilators and other medical emergency supplies to India and around the world is a good thing.

Isn’t the J&J vaccine similar to the AZ vaccine in that they are both made in the same manufacturing process? Wonder why AZ never submitted to the FDA?