Old Man Disease

Hawke

Senior Insider
Had another MRI yesterday for my prostate cancer. Get the results from my Doctor today. Of all the diseases I could have this in most cases is treatable. I will keep trying to live that if I can do something today; I should be able to do it tomorrow.

Had another MRI yesterday for my prostate cancer. Get the results from my Doctor today. Of all the diseases I could have this in most cases is treatable. I will keep trying to live that if I can do something today; I should be able to do it tomorrow.
I am 10 years prostate cancer free. Radiation plus radioactive seeds implanted.

i will be praying for you.i have multiple medical issues as you may remember so i can certainly sympathize.lets both fight hard,keep a positive attitude and with that and our orayers we will have a glass of rose on st barts next year!!

Thank you. I wasn’t aware MRI was being used for diagnosis. I thought biopsy was the standard.
. Underwent my second biopsy. The MRI is used to determine what treatments should be recommended. One thing I know; my prostate will remain with me.

Thinking of you Hawke - hope you get some good news!
Thank you; with my family history of alcoholism and abuse; I realize I'm a lucky man. You have to realize each of us must live our own lives. What happened in the past cannot be changed.

I am 10 years prostate cancer free. Radiation plus radioactive seeds implanted.

Great news, my husband opted for surgery at BMH about 17 yrs ago, all good still. Others we knew went to HUP not so good. The guru was handing off to residents.

Hawke if I had a le Ti made the ‘official’ way, I would toast to yours and all of the Forum members’ good health! I’ll do so anyway-

We were scheduled to be on St. Barts the last three weeks in April. Because of corona and everyting it is effecting we switched to three weeks in December. Good in this regard. We would only have two weeks left. Still have 3 weeks to look forward to. And maybe no masks by then. All four of us that will be traveling have had our two vaccines. We will get future shots if variants require. I have told the story before where the day before I was operating a skidder pulling out trees from a woodlot. The man cutting and limbing trees was ahead of me and was not on the site. Everything went smooth. The next day he was also working and while I was skidding out limbed trees the front tire kicked up a branch which pinned my leg behind my shoulder. Luckily the hand throttle was in a low setting and when it pulled my leg off the skidder died. He kept looking up and finally when he saw I wasn't moving he came over and cut the branch off. He took me to the hospital and after a couple days I was released and only have scars. You never know what life might bring you. He was a very strong Christian and tried to explain that God put him there to save me. Being a non believer I told him it was just luck. Years later when Christ did open my eyes I realized what he said was true. I'm one of the most blessed men. Five children, eight grandchildren, and more than I ever could have expected

live life every day as if it was your last. you won't regret. and always, always pay for the day. what I mean by that is everyone should take an hour every day to do some kind of exercise, it does not have to be strenuous, just to let your body know that you know how hard it works for you and how much you appreciate it.

We were scheduled to be on St. Barts the last three weeks in April. Because of corona and everyting it is effecting we switched to three weeks in December. Good in this regard. We would only have two weeks left. Still have 3 weeks to look forward to. And maybe no masks by then. All four of us that will be traveling have had our two vaccines. We will get future shots if variants require. I have told the story before where the day before I was operating a skidder pulling out trees from a woodlot. The man cutting and limbing trees was ahead of me and was not on the site. Everything went smooth. The next day he was also working and while I was skidding out limbed trees the front tire kicked up a branch which pinned my leg behind my shoulder. Luckily the hand throttle was in a low setting and when it pulled my leg off the skidder died. He kept looking up and finally when he saw I wasn't moving he came over and cut the branch off. He took me to the hospital and after a couple days I was released and only have scars. You never know what life might bring you. He was a very strong Christian and tried to explain that God put him there to save me. Being a non believer I told him it was just luck. Years later when Christ did open my eyes I realized what he said was true. I'm one of the most blessed men. Five children, eight grandchildren, and more than I ever could have expected

A formidable life experience, Hawke! We're grateful for its happy endings.