AirStMaarten confirms entry

It's always been 3 full days. I promise you there is not a guy sitting there with a stop watching clicking down to 5pm or whatever is 72 hours from the minute you were swabbed thousands of miles away.

Anyone else find it bizarre how they still can't seem to figure out if the rule is 72 hours or 3 days (which gives more flexibility) after all of this time. Or did it change again? And yes, if you have a 4pm flight and a test with a time on it there is a huge difference

It's always been 3 full days. I promise you there is not a guy sitting there with a stop watching clicking down to 5pm or whatever is 72 hours from the minute you were swabbed thousands of miles away.
Perhaps you missed the OP where AirStMaarten uses "72 hours". Also, no it hasn't always been listed as 3 days. it was originally written most places (airlines, villa rental agencies, etc) as 72 hours when the restrictions started and then changed to 3 days. It led to a ton of questions about what would be accepted at the gate with regards to tests. Seems odd for them to use 72 hours instead of 3 days

Perhaps you missed the OP where AirStMaarten uses "72 hours". Also, no it hasn't always been listed as 3 days. it was originally written most places (airlines, villa rental agencies, etc) as 72 hours when the restrictions started and then changed to 3 days. It led to a ton of questions about what would be accepted at the gate with regards to tests. Seems odd for them to use 72 hours instead of 3 days
\\

they have to use 72 hours in written form. its what France requires them to do. hasn't this question been played out? just sayin'

Not a single human being has ever been sent back home from St. Barth having arrived 73 hours after getting tested.

In January of 2021, A friend was not allowed to board Tradewind in San Juan as her negative PCR was past the 72 hourS. She spent two or 3 days of her trip in Puerto Rico pending a new negative test.

Re: News from AirStMaarten

Is the requirement that you need to be vaccinated and a negative PCR covid test? Or is it just one or the other? Doing both seems a little excessive, its almost as if they don't have faith in the vaccines.

That's because the vaccine isn't 100% effective. Just because you are vaccinated doesn't mean you won't get sick and secondly that while you may not get sick, that you are not carrying the virus.

There was a story yesterday in the WSJ about the CDC's tracking of people who have gotten sick after being fully vaccinated. Numbers are small and in line with what was expected but people are still getting sick. A few have even died. So get vaccinated but don't be carefree in terms of your behavior.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/cdc-id...-fully-vaccinated-patients-11618490232?page=1

In January of 2021, A friend was not allowed to board Tradewind in San Juan as her negative PCR was past the 72 hourS. She spent two or 3 days of her trip in Puerto Rico pending a new negative test.

yes in January Tradewind was more strict I believe, how far past the 72 hours was she Amy?

but as far as being turned away at immigration here in st. barth upon arrival, not gonna happen over a couple of hours, you can still be past the 72 hour mark, they only look at the date. not the time.

by the way I flew Tradewind in January 2021 also, I was an hour over, so 73 hours since the test when I arrived in puerto rico, tradewind said to me, don't worry, they only look at the date in st. barths. perhaps my treatment was different from your friend's experience as they know me quite well at Tradewind.

personally I think there is a lot of speculation and not a lot of facts floating around. as far as the French gov't is concerned the island is still closed in spite of Air St Maarten and the ferries saying otherwise... who knows what to believe anymore... in the meantime Martinique goes back into lockdown and there is a 7pm curfew in Guadeloupe, both as of tomorrow.. !

From reading all of these, there are no certainties on getting in past the 72 hour mark per Amy. However the odds seem pretty good on getting onto the island. and having a lovely ‘uncrowded’ time.

personally I think there is a lot of speculation and not a lot of facts floating around. as far as the French gov't is concerned the island is still closed in spite of Air St Maarten and the ferries saying otherwise... who knows what to believe anymore... in the meantime Martinique goes back into lockdown and there is a 7pm curfew in Guadeloupe, both as of tomorrow.. !

Martinque is looking grim on the COVID dasboard https://covidtracker.fr/dashboard-departements/

Screen Shot 2021-04-17 at 8.29.28 AM.jpg

From reading all of these, there are no certainties on getting in past the 72 hour mark per Amy. However the odds seem pretty good on getting onto the island. and having a lovely ‘uncrowded’ time.

well Amy did not reply to my question about how long over the 72 hour mark that here friend was. perhaps she was many hours over the mark.

I know I came into Puerto Rico in January 2021 and I was over the 72 hour mark by one hour. I still had to wait another hour to board tradewind for st. barths. by the time I arrived I was a little over 75 hours. St. Barth's airport only checks the date.

Also about 3 or 4 hours.I was surprised at the time of the narrowness of the window allowed to board.

Also about 3 or 4 hours.I was surprised at the time of the narrowness of the window allowed to board.

I guess it depends on how well they know you sometimes? Remember they flew me as luggage from sbh to sju when my passport had expired. that does not happen every day.
love Tradewind Airlines!

I guess it depends on how well they know you sometimes? Remember they flew me as luggage from sbh to sju when my passport had expired. that does not happen every day.
love Tradewind Airlines!

LOL! Did they make you sit in that little roped-off section in the back of the plane?