Villa Calypso or Plein Ciel

Scotik

SBH Insider
Hello,

Last year we were lucky enough to make it to St. Barts and stayed at Villa Plein Ciel. It is a nice property, we really enjoyed our stay but I didn't like the pool. It was rather narrow and lined with stone, instead of the usually gunite or ceramic/glass tiles. The stone is beautiful but rough with ridges and sharp. I would leave the pool with cuts because of the softened skin that comes from staying in the water for a while and playing with my sons, doesn't happen to me with a normal pool surface. We also used WIMCO to rent the property and see that they no longer list it on their website, wonder why. Additionally we've been disappointed in WIMCO service and what you get for their fee, seems to be going downhill since we first rented from them 5 years ago, although Johanne in their flight department is amazing. May use another agency for our rental this year.

Planning for a 2 week summer trip again with family and Villa Calypso seems like a similar property and within our budget. Not worried about the pool by looking at the pictures, but would love some feedback from anyone who has stayed there or knows the property? Are the pictures up to date on the websites, condition of the property, noise etc. One rental agency says its and easy walk to the beach, is it?

Not sure about that villa but we use Peg Walsh at St Barth properties ( unless we book directly with the owner which is what we normally do as we use the same villa most times) Peg has been very helpful in making provisions with the contract for these changing requirements of entry. Good luck and enjoy this beautiful island and restaurants...

Scotik,

Been coming to SB sine 1990...family...just wife and I...I think I've rented from Peg, 90% of the time...never an issue....just to second Belinda...last few times...just the wife and I so we got a hotel room....so nothing to gain with Peg...she just does a good job..