Non-island discussion posts regarding COVID

Re: Island vaccinations off to a good start

Its a sad world when someone can put their picture in the paper or on facebook getting the vaccine, but people not getting the vaccine must be silent for fear of derogatory comments or worse.

It's also a sad world when someone can celebrate the conviction of a cop who executes a citizen in broad daylight, but people celebrating cops regularly killing people for not using a turn signal or having an air freshener must be silent for fear of derogatory comments or worse.

the local people can get on the internet and read about some side effects associated with this vaccine, and even some people have died after getting the vaccine. whose to say that side effect would not happen to them? not anyone on this site, thats for sure.

Hummm. From the CDC:

[FONT=&quot]Over 211 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines were administered in the United States from December 14, 2020, through April 19, 2021. During this time, VAERS received 3,486 reports of death (0.0016%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine. CDC and FDA physicians review each case report of death as soon as notified and CDC requests medical records to further assess reports. A review of available clinical information including death certificates, autopsy, and medical records revealed no evidence that vaccination contributed to patient deaths. CDC and FDA will continue to investigate reports of adverse events, including deaths, reported to VAERS.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
Obviously your chances of dying from Covid are exponentially higher than your chances from dying from vaccine, but why let data and science get in the way of the tin hat crowd?

And honestly, if you are so risk averse that you won't take this shot, than you should probably stop driving around the island. Your chances of getting hurt or killed in a car accident are also exponentially higher than dying from the Covid shot.

Cancel culture. You can’t have an opinion anymore.

Who exactly "can't have an opinion anymore"?

And it's not Cancel culture, it's Consequence culture. Go ahead and have your opinion but others may react with their opinion.

This isn't hard. I'm entitled to hang a Nazi flag in my restaurant window and my customers are entitled to vote with their feet or come in for a meal. (I don't have a restaurant or a Nazi flag!!)

Diana, I think someone’s off his meds today.

actually I think he may be on his meds Cass...yikes.

the chances of being in a plane crash is 1 in 11 million. I was in a plane crash in japan in 1991.

do I know what the chances of getting a bad side effect from a covid vaccine, that I do not know.

As I say its your body, your choice.

Such a shame to waste vaccines when people out in the world are dying because they don’t have access to them :(

Not even 25% vaccinated here. Not a chance in the world we’ll get to 80%.
If you decide to be vaccinated; as I have: that is a personal decision. We will be back to St. Barts for three weeks in December. As I have posted before; I grew up across the street from a boy that spent most of his life in an Iron Lung after developing Polio. I do not care if someone does not get vaccinated. Denise and I are vaccinated and beyond that everyone should decide what is best for them. It's time to stop shaming people because they think differently than our own decisions.

the usa said yesterday that they would be sending to other countries all of their astrazeneca vaccines as they have had too many side effects from this vaccine. 0ver 60 million doses. they are also sending ventilators to india. a nice thing.

the usa said yesterday that they would be sending to other countries all of their astrazeneca vaccines as they have had too many side effects from this vaccine. 0ver 60 million doses. they are also sending ventilators to india. a nice thing.

Izzy will know for sure, but I don't think AstraZeneca ever received an EUA. Oh, this is now going to the EE thread as it doesn't pertain to the island.

Re: Travel through PR going back to us

So, ok to evoke Maine restrictions but not my state. Interesting and not equitable.

Re: Travel through PR going back to us

Maine is north of Massachusetts, isn’t it?

Yes, it is north of Massachusetts. It used to be a part of Massachusetts, but 200 years ago the people seceded from Massachusetts, and it became the State of Maine.

As long as you are a member of the "in crowd" Cass.

I remember in high school I was part of the " in crowd" , the lunch tables were set up just like in the movies, the nerds, the cheerleaders etc. some of the people who were not part of our "in crowd" turned out to do some amazing things after they had finished school. one person who was not in our special group, later became an astronaut.

can we in this forum start acting like we are NOT still in high school? I hope not to hear anymore about being part of the solution. it may be your solution but its not mine.

people who don't get vaccinated are also part of the solution. I am a firm believer in natural immunity and also that a person's body is their choice whether something experimental is injected into it or not.

If you choose your friends on whether they get vaccinated or not, then that is your choice too. this happens in st. barths too.