Non-island discussion posts regarding COVID

Re: AirStMaarten confirms entry

Bingo. The thing that has been most dispiriting about the pandemic is discovering how many of my fellow citizens are more akin to sheep.

For me the most dispiriting thing about the pandemic has been the deaths of over 500,000 Americans including some I knew and loved.

For me the most dispiriting thing about the pandemic has been the deaths of over 500,000 Americans including some I knew and loved.

That is also awful and my condolences...but I also mourn the deaths of despair, suicide, substance abuse and economic ruin caused by overbearing reactions...and the willingness of so many to submit has the capacity to cause far more deaths than the pandemic.

That is also awful and my condolences...but I also mourn the deaths of despair, suicide, substance abuse and economic ruin caused by overbearing reactions...and the willingness of so many to submit has the capacity to cause far more deaths than the pandemic.
Lost a few friends that way.

Bingo. The thing that has been most dispiriting about the pandemic is discovering how many of my fellow citizens are more akin to sheep. I’m really hoping they are a minority and that once we hit June 1 when anyone who wants a vaccine has one...it’s time to let everyone back in the pool. Those who wish to stay home may do so...those who wish to wear a mask may do so...but the government should be out of it at that point.

you say this better than anyone Lawshark. So many people will hop on the bandwagon just because a scientist or a doctor says to do it.

The vaccine is still in its infancy, who knows what side effects are waiting for those who have already taken it years from now.

Have people died from the virus, yes plenty have died, but people die of all sorts of diseases too. the regular flu kills many also. People have definitely died from getting the vaccine also. Some people don't want that risk. Why ostracize persons who decide the vaccine is not the miracle that is being touted?

Use your gut instincts and you will come out okay.

I had covid in January 2020 before the world released any info regarding this virus. I finally got tested and I do have the antibodies. according to the latest data of people who had covid from nine months ago, the antibodies against covid are still high.

Was the virus that I had bad? you betcha, almost 3 weeks of misery, no taste, no smell, passing out, and crawling across the floor to go to the bathroom, should have been in a hospital, but I felt too sick to go there, if that makes any sense to anyone.

Do I think the vaccine is a good idea, I think its good if you want it. I also think its okay not to get the vaccine. If I could go back and choose between taking the vaccine verses getting the covid virus, I would choose the virus every time.

30% of the “excess deaths” in 2020 over 2019, did not have COVID. That is a really big number of excess deaths, due to the mere the existence of COVID.

Bingo. The thing that has been most dispiriting about the pandemic is discovering how many of my fellow citizens are more akin to sheep. I’m really hoping they are a minority and that once we hit June 1 when anyone who wants a vaccine has one...it’s time to let everyone back in the pool. Those who wish to stay home may do so...those who wish to wear a mask may do so...but the government should be out of it at that point.

So we are sheep for listening to science based facts, I assume you think of your self as a wolf.

So if all these dumb dogs had just stopped licking their own assess for a brief moment and listened to the Science-based facts, this Pandemic could have ended in 6 weeks of 100% mask use and quarantine of sick. But thanks to all the big bad wolves in the world we are ALL still dying 15 months later. 3 million was the last count. Thanks wolfie

The ‘experiment’ in Sweden where nothing was done and it was life as usual was interesting to watch. There were not the excess deaths deaths due to lockdowns. But in retrospect Sweden ended up with many more deaths per capita then did their neighbors Finland, Denmark and Norway. I believe it was New Zealand who closed all borders and had fewer deaths per capita than other countries.
We know vaccinations, masks and social distancing work. We threw away how many doses because they were made incorrectly? And then the blood clots, although few in mainly women. How can you blame those who choose not to be vaccinated?
And as pointed out the excessive deaths due to the lockdowns. I am uncertain even if we ‘behaved’ the world won’t/can’t all behave and transmissions would and do take place with the birth of new variants.
Bottom line- it wouldn’t be all behind us no matter what we did/do?

So we are sheep for listening to science based facts, I assume you think of your self as a wolf.

So if all these dumb dogs had just stopped licking their own assess for a brief moment and listened to the Science-based facts, this Pandemic could have ended in 6 weeks of 100% mask use and quarantine of sick. But thanks to all the big bad wolves in the world we are ALL still dying 15 months later. 3 million was the last count. Thanks wolfie

not everyone died after getting covid, I didn't die, I was very sick and coughed for 3 weeks, I did not think I would ever stop coughing. However I still have antibodies from that one covid experience.

I had a couple of friends that did die from covid, but they also had underlying health issues, one had cirrhosis of the liver, the doctor said if he did not quit drinking, he would die within the year, two months later, he contracted covid, and died within a couple of weeks. its not all black or white.

The drug companies rushed this vaccine and are still having a lot of issues with the vaccines , all of them so far, you cannot even sue the makers of any of the vaccines until 2024, that should tell you something.

I read yesterday on the internet that a man had cancer and was ready to undergo chemo and radiation, but then he contracted covid and was so ill he had to be hospitalized, after he recovered , a scan was done before the chemo was to be administered to him, all his tumors were gone. The doctor's think that the covid illness put his immune system in overdrive and got rid of all his cancer. You can read about this on the internet, you just have to google it.

From a personal standpoint; I am glad that I am fully vaccinated for Covid and the flu. Can't change what has happened in the past. How many Jewish people were killed by the Nazi's? How many people have been killed by Communists. At 70 years old, I am going to wear a mask where it is required and not where a mask when I don't have to.

Re: France to ease restrictions for vaccinated travelers

Does she trust her local doctor and hospital with her health? She should ask his/her opinion on vaccines.

did you know that a lot of doctor's and nurse's refuse to take the vaccine also?

In the United States I have heard of nurses refusing the vaccine, not doctors. At this time the vaccines have not been approved by the FDA. This makes it difficult for employers to require employees to be vaccinated.

Kent, its on the ama website. I can give you the link if you want it.

Pascale
We have in law family members who refuse vaccinations- all vaccinations- for themselves their children... Hard for us to understand.

Pascale
We have in law family members who refuse vaccinations- all vaccinations- for themselves their children... Hard for us to understand.

her parents are 93 years old Hopper, I think they can decide for themselves. their body, their choice.

Sorry for misunderstanding- was referring to families who refuse to allow their children to receive virtually any medical treatment. I believe this endangers other families whose children attend the same schools.
Agree with your comment on 93 years of age or any age of ‘consent’- ‘their body- their choice.’

I’ll repeat from a previous post: a doctor client says that in our locality 80% of physicians have received the injections, 60% of nurse practitioners, and 50% of nurses.
My 90 y. o. uncle physician has so far declined the injections.
My orthopedic doctor categorically refuses it.
This is far from something that all agree is safe. I hope so but remain unsure. Given my perceived low personal risk, I am maintaining a wait and see approach.
YMMV