Tuna and Daurade-4/13

andynap

Senior Insider
A8EB18D8-6DE5-4DB1-9802-62C731CE5885.jpeg

might be helpful to review how fish are sold at la poissonerie.

y'all help me here, but I think: daurade is usually sold in whole fillets; wahoo is usually sold in steaks (also called darnes); tuna usually sold in pavés or tranches (thick slices from large filets) or as filet at the tail end; smaller fish like fino or oeil de boeuf usually sold whole and cleaned (entier et vidé) or filleted for you; langoustes always sold live but will split and clean guts for you if you keep on ice and cook within couple of hours.

please feel free to add to or edit.

The main thing with tuna is not to let the fillet come in contact with fresh water. Don’t rinse it off when you get home. If so, it will become discolored and kind of mushy.

The main thing with tuna is not to let the fillet come in contact with fresh water. Don’t rinse it off when you get home. If so, it will become discolored and kind of mushy.

thanks for that tip rolltide, I learn something new everyday on here!

Not doubting or disbelieving, but as old time SBHOnliners know, when there’s fish involved, “I’ll have to ask the Cap’n”, LOL.

And the verdict from the Cap’n is that Rolltide is right. You don’t rinse your steaks, and you shouldn’t rinse properly cleaned fish either.