Villa input

LLL92

Hello!

Does anyone have any input or opinions on Villa Birdy (Pointe Milou), Villa Lili (St Jean), or Villa Nita (Lorient) for a honeymoon in early July?

Thanks so much! :)

Hello!

Does anyone have any input or opinions on Villa Birdy (Pointe Milou), Villa Lili (St Jean), or Villa Nita (Lorient) for a honeymoon in early July?

I cannot help with your villa choices but perhaps with your villa location for a honeymoon.

If you want to be near a lot of great restaurants I would stay in st. jean,

for the best view and ambiance, I would stay in Pointe Milou.

Lorient is a nice place to stay to be on middle ground, a nice view and still close enough that the drive is not too far from anywhere on the island.

Have a happy stay.

I agree with Didier...Not sure of your villa’s however we love being centrally located in St. Jean. If all goes well we will be there in early July as well. Congrats!

Hello!

I'm not familiar with any of them, but I took a look and I would choose Nita as it is the only one that is an easy walk to shops and the beach. Lilli is the heights of St. Jean and the walk back up the hill is a tough one, no matter your age. Birdy has a beautiful view, but one must drive to most anything.

At Nita you can walk to three grocery stores the patisserie and JoJo's burger!

Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 8.59.18 AM.jpg

I'm familiar with Nita, and it's very nice, but it is also up a pretty steep hill, and not an easy walk to the stores or bakeries. If you are a driver rather than a walker, it would be an excellent choice.

Phil

I'm familiar with Nita, and it's very nice, but it is also up a pretty steep hill, and not an easy walk to the stores or bakeries. If you are a driver rather than a walker, it would be an excellent choice.

Phil
There are hills and then there are hills!
Villa Lili

Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 9.46.48 AM.jpg

Of course, every one has different criteria, but to me, the operative word here is "honeymoon" which means sunsets and privacy by your pool. That works out to Villa Birdy and the Pointe. You may also want to look at Samsara which offers both sunsets and privacy as well.

Hello!

Lilli is the heights of St. Jean ]

i had always called the area up high overlooking St-Jean via the Route de Saline « Les Hauts de St-Jean ».
but I see the road up to this villa is actually called Route des Hauts de St-Jean.
learn something everyday. :nerd:

Cass, Villa Rental agencies agreed with your original belief, at least in the past. I've rented villas in Les Hauts de St Jean. All were at the peak of La Route de Saine, and take a left.

Villa agencies do "update" their marketing terms from time to time, I no longer rent from an agency, and I'm no longer sure how they describe the areas above St Jean.

It always makes me laugh a little bit when the regular posters state how “far” something is or what a “long” drive it is to get from here to there. The island is tiny, everything is close to everything, that is one thing that is so great about the trip in the first place! Hop in your convertible and go get some wine and cheese and enjoy the ride!

St.Bart stole my B’Heart;1040462 said:
It always makes me laugh a little bit when the regular posters state how “far” something is or what a “long” drive it is to get from here to there. The island is tiny, everything is close to everything, that is one thing that is so great about the trip in the first place! Hop in your convertible and go get some wine and cheese and enjoy the ride!

I hear you but on the third trip of the day into Gustavia from Toiny behind a string of dump trucks, it begins to wear on your soul :biglaugh:

I stayed in Villa Birdy in 2013 when I was on-island celebrating a milestone birthday. It was PERFECT! The view was divine and the privacy, excellent (as long as you are aware of the timing of the pool/garden/housekeeping staff). It was on the pricey side for me or I would definitely stay there again.

Happy Honeymoon!

I stayed in Villa Birdy in 2013 when I was on-island celebrating a milestone birthday. It was PERFECT! The view was divine and the privacy, excellent (as long as you are aware of the timing of the pool/garden/housekeeping staff). It was on the pricey side for me or I would definitely stay there again.

Happy Honeymoon!

GramChop, Birdy looks like a possibility for us for a sometime in the future trip...does the villa get sun all day long and trying to get a sense of exact location...is it on the ocean side of the road there on on the hill on the other side of the road?

GramChop, Birdy looks like a possibility for us for a sometime in the future trip...does the villa get sun all day long and trying to get a sense of exact location...is it on the ocean side of the road there on on the hill on the other side of the road?

If memory serves me well, there was plenty of daytime sun in November 2013. If you're traveling to the Christopher Hotel, Villa Birdy is on the right side of the road; I guess that would be the "ocean side" like you mention.

We stayed at villa Nita last November. Perfect spot for a honeymoon! Can't say enough great things about the place. Feel free to PM me with any questions.