Sargassum St Jean

JEK

Senior Insider
1312989D-1EE9-49A5-847B-91C27F626A2F.jpeg

That end of St Jean, to the right of ER, is a beach that I would never swim on. I don't care for some of the runoff which enters the water there.

Kevin- I recall a thread- where does all the ‘honey’ go from the honey trucks? Part of the answer is the big pipe in the area where you won’t swim.
and ditto- Yikes as to the safgassum.

Kevin- I recall a thread- where does all the ‘honey’ go from the honey trucks? Part of the answer is the big pipe in the area where you won’t swim.
and ditto- Yikes as to the safgassum.

Hopper, I recall that thread and I as I remember you were proven wrong on that assertion.

There’s no “big pipe” there. What is there, in my understanding, is runoff from malfunctioning condominium waste systems. I have no clue why nothing has been done about those.

I believe the larger problem is many septic tanks on a rocky hillside that prevents adequate leach fields. Rainfall washes it all downhill.

That end of St Jean, to the right of ER, is a beach that I would never swim on. I don't care for some of the runoff which enters the water there.
That end is Pelican Beach where I used to rent and it’s just fine. Kim’s husband Kona swims there every day or used to when I was there.

I went to the St Jean Bay webcam to look at the weeds and noticed a fairly large plot of waterfront land being cleared. Does anybody know what is being built there?

I went to the St Jean Bay webcam to look at the weeds and noticed a fairly large plot of waterfront land being cleared. Does anybody know what is being built there?

If you’re looking at the beachfront site close to Eden Rock, that’s the former Émeraude Plage site, which is being redeveloped as a new hotel, with a bit of controversy.