Maya’s

JEK

Senior Insider
D2741B55-453F-471A-AB01-EAD3D41BD5FA.jpg

loved it when the rocks came right up to the restaurant with the splash of the waves.. the road put an end to that...

Pre-road, waves would wash right up to & under the deck. Such romance in those early, heady days on SBH!

the roads you have travelled, mon ami :heart1:

Merci, Cass! It was incredible & serendipitous that I started my journey on (& love affair with) St. Barths over 40 years ago . . . meeting so many people, & making so many friends (local & visitors from around the world), in intervening years. For better or worse, many stories — happy, sad, funny, & ridiculous —in becoming inextricably tied to the island. (Of course, the downside for many is that they’re periodically subjected to my (frequently long-winded) re-telling of the stories!)

Merci, Cass! It was incredible & serendipitous that I started my journey on (& love affair with) St. Barths over 40 years ago . . . meeting so many people, & making so many friends (local & visitors from around the world), in intervening years. For better or worse, many stories — happy, sad, funny, & ridiculous —in becoming inextricably tied to the island. (Of course, the downside for many is that they’re periodically subjected to my (frequently long-winded) re-telling of the stories!)

And, your eloquently portrayed stories, Dennis, must always continue! Your depth of knowledge and love for the island gives so much texture to your stories and provides much enjoyment to all Forum members. I always feel like I was right by your side when you recount your island experiences. It’s a major part of this Forums fabric!

And, your eloquently portrayed stories, Dennis, must always continue! Your depth of knowledge and love for the island gives so much texture to your stories and provides much enjoyment to all Forum members. I always feel like I was right by your side when you recount your island experiences. It’s a major part of this Forums fabric!

Merci beaucoup! Let’s be on the island, side-by-side, sometime soon!

Downside? I think NOT, kind sir; time spent with you retelling these fascinating stories is the highlight of my trips!

[QUOTE with thanks to Wimco & SBHOnline for bringing us together![/QUOTE]
A good lead in for sending our Webmaster John B many HAPPY BIRTHDAY good wishes today.🎂🎈🎁🥳

Happy birthday, John . . . thanks for all of your great work in keeping the Forum alive & well! Enjoy a special day!

What year was the road built?

I don’t know, but it was likely in the 90’s. I stopped going to Maya’s in the early 90’s, and I’ve been confused by later pictures showing a road, and by the actual presence of the road. Lately, I’ve only been confused when they try to serve me Amy’s requested dinner on Thanksgiving,