Still No Reopening Date as of 3/25 - Dependent on Island Vaccination

...She said she just heard Dr's, nurses and even veterinarians and any other health care professionals would be giving out the vaccine. She also mentioned the possibility of the stadium being opened to do mass organized vaccines...

Veterinarians, lab techs, medical students, and others have been authorized to administer vaccines and "vacconidromes" are being opened in
l'Hexagone/la Métropole in the setting of the ongoing surge that is stressing the health care system... don't know how/if these actions will be applied on the island...

Supply and demand drives the changes.

I'm not sure what you're referring to exactly, but based on admittedly limited anecdotal evidence, every other place in the country is doesn't have the "supply and demand" problems that Fairfax county is having. I've seen other people say it's because of the large population of the county but Manhattan and the rest of NY state is doing much better. As is Maryland and the rest of VA which is on the VA state system.

I'd like to think there's a good reason for it, but after decades of hearing about how Fairfax is one of the richest counties in the country and how wonderful everything is here, I'm left disappointed and scratching my head.

The county is severely limited in the number of doses they receive (supply) and the demand remains very high.

https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/board.../2021/march02-hhs-covid-19-vaccine-update.pdf

Screen Shot 2021-04-01 at 8.11.39 AM.jpg

Thanks! I don't know what to make of those numbers, but based on your opening comment, perhaps Fairfax should have just stuck with the rest of the state instead of going it alone.

Thanks! I don't know what to make of those numbers, but based on your opening comment, perhaps Fairfax should have just stuck with the rest of the state instead of going it alone.

The Commonwealth controls the supply. The County has a different scheduling system. From my perspective it worked flawlessly. As long as 1a and 1b people are in the queue for vaccination, opening it up to 1c is counterproductive. Supply (limited) demand (high).

Again, I'm not sure what to make of that. Is the Commonwealth punishing Fairfax county for going it alone? Doubtful, but who knows.

Put another way, why do we have this unique supply and demand problem while big populated states like NY, and smaller less populated states like IN, don't?

Sure it worked flawlessly for you......you're vaccinated! I may have to drive to Indiana to get a shot.......less than flawless. But I would get a chance to meet Hopper, so there's an upside!

:up:
Again, I'm not sure what to make of that. Is the Commonwealth punishing Fairfax county for going it alone? Doubtful, but who knows.

Put another way, why do we have this unique supply and demand problem while big populated states like NY, and smaller less populated states like IN, don't?

Sure it worked flawlessly for you......you're vaccinated! I may have to drive to Indiana to get a shot.......less than flawless. But I would get a chance to meet Hopper, so there's an upside!:up:

In regards to Fairfax and other vaccine programs, every area of the US is getting proportional share of vaccine, the issue is who gets access to them. The 'proper' way to dole them out is to give first access to those who might get most sick and to those who work in jobs that might get and give the most exposure, which is why the older folks and healthcare workers, for example, were at the front of the line. And those should remain priorities as long as there is a vaccine shortage. Giving a vaccine to a random 25 year old who works at home is from a public health point of view a waste. They weren't likely to catch it and if they did they weren't likely to get sick. Some States just ignored the wise priorization and opened it up to everyone way too early such that seniors who want a vaccine still can't get them. Other areas have the situation where lots of people don't want to get the vaccine so they were able to open up to everyone early without stealing shots away from eager seniors. One could argue that if seniors in one state don't want them then those shots should have been given to seniors in other states rather than 20-somethings in the anti-vaxer states, but that sure would have caused screaming. Anyway, the situation in Fairfax County is caused not by everyone messing up, but by everyone trying to do the right thing. People are wanting the shots, creating a shortage, causing the rational prioritization to stay in place a bit longer.

Indiana now welcomes all adults from all states to receive vaccinations. No residency requirement.
That is bad news for Guadeloupe and ‘my two cents’ - a foreshadowing of what will soon happen in SBH.
Being lax and ‘wink wink’ virtually letting everybody in who wants to come to the island is in my view indecisive.
The powers that be should either declare the island open or shut with enforcement. It is unfair to the island residents to not have clear direction and to tourists trying to make plans.

Indiana now welcomes all adults from all states to receive vaccinations. No residency requirement.

yes, from the press I read, it appears there are a number of states where those who were eager to receive the injections have already done so, and that at this point there are more doses available than those interested in taking them.

That is bad news for Guadeloupe and ‘my two cents’ - a foreshadowing of what will soon happen in SBH.
Being lax and ‘wink wink’ virtually letting everybody in who wants to come to the island is in my view indecisive.
The powers that be should either declare the island open or shut with enforcement. It is unfair to the island residents to not have clear direction and to tourists trying to make plans.

The residents of the island are happy with their representation on the island. We all love Bruno Magras and his leadership.

all you once a year visitors sure do have a lot of two cent advice about the goings on in st. barths.

The residents of the island are happy with their representation on the island. We all love Bruno Magras and his leadership.

all you once a year visitors sure do have a lot of two cent advice about the goings on in st. barths.

I’ll say

Tourism matters.

Visitors are welcomed.

NO place is problem free. I care, I discuss, I share and I support efforts to keep St Barths a better place.

I thought there was an opposition party with representatives on the concil?

I thought there was an opposition party with representatives on the concil?

but of course others would love to be President of the Island.

If the majority of the residents of the island have been keeping Bruno Magras in power for so long, that has to tell you something.

The collectivity has a strong surplus , 19 million euros as of December 2020. The island is doing well under Magras leadership.