Island Reopening

Status
Not open for further replies.

michjeff

Hi All

It's been awhile. Thank you to all the regular contributors for all the information you provide, it's been incredibly useful over the years and helped to create so many great memories that definitely came in handy over the last year.

We booked a trip once it appeared we were headed in the right direction thinking April might be a reasonable time frame, hoping to arrive on April 7 and staying for two weeks.

The Christmas/New Year break seemed to set the island back and then France itself seemed to not be able to get a handle on the situation again leading to another shutdown.

Can someone point me to a definitive site that posts official French government information regarding travel status for both France and all associated territories? How about the official St Barth government site where one would find the most current information?

At this point I'm not feeling confident about the 4/7 arrival date and was thinking of pushing it back to later in the month until after the Easter break. We have already booked December, but we're coming up on the one year anniversary of the lockdown here in NY and we were really hoping to get out of here and just decompressing for as long as possible as soon as possible.

Stay Safe

Best

Jeff

We were scheduled for a one week visit starting on 3/19 but rescheduled for Jan '22 a few days ago after hearing from our villa owner. His family is from the island and his message to us was: "The latest news I have is that the French government are unlikely to relax the current restrictions before mid-April. One of the reasons St. Barth has not been given an exception is that Guadeloupe's intensive care system is under great pressure and that St. Barth has to rely on Guadeloupe for theirs".

I wish I had better news to pass on but hopefully the island will open sooner and you can still get down for your April visit.

Always nice to be optimistic and aspirational, but dates will come and go if the rates of infection and hospitalization remain high.

Our motto, stolen from the above poster is

"Around our house we are saying that Twenty-Twenty-Two is the new Twenty-Twenty-One".

We are scheduled to arrive March 20th and have been holding out hope against hope that they would re-open... But unfortunately it now seems very unlikely. We have rescheduled this villa once already and will either kick it to April (?) or November....
Thankfully we had 10 days in January before they locked it down again.... We will be back as soon as we get the opening date!

Well I’m keeping my fingers tightly crossed that our trip on 20th April for 2 weeks is still a go. Positive thoughts over here.. Had both vaccines so if it comes down to a vaccine passport Iv got it.

I have no doubt you will be good to go.

Well I’m keeping my fingers tightly crossed that our trip on 20th April for 2 weeks is still a go. Positive thoughts over here.. Had both vaccines so if it comes down to a vaccine passport Iv got it.

We are booked to go April 24th for 10 nights, PRAYING they open by then , has anyone heard anything about the french side of St. Martin? as far as being open? ive read SOOOOOOOO many conflicting things online regarding that..........

St Martin is open. There are no border checkpoints between St Maarten and St Martin. However, my understanding is that US tourists can neither fly from SFG, the French-side airport, to SBH, nor take the ferry between Marigot and Gustavia. To clarify, tourists cannot use St Martin as a back door to St Barth.

Ohhhhh FANTASTIC news, guess I’m just waiting for the official word. I need this mini vacation so bad.. Glad I kept my flights I was getting worried SXM as that’s our gateway to St Barth. ������

Hmm. perhaps my response should have been clearer. I added a line. "To clarify, tourists cannot use St Martin as a back door to St Barth."

Status
Not open for further replies.