Les Voiles 2022 schedule

andynap

Senior Insider
71A97240-90D1-4731-ABEB-FF244992E392.jpeg

For island virgins such as myself, what is it that makes these sailing events great? Is there much to see from the shore? Bunch of other fun things that happen on land to go with the event?

For island virgins such as myself, what is it that makes these sailing events great? Is there much to see from the shore? Bunch of other fun things that happen on land to go with the event?

All the races can be observed from the shore, but the fun is going to the quai and seeing all the boats in the evening. For an real once-in-a-lifetime experience hire a launch to put you in the middle of the action!

591DA1EB-9849-462B-9EE5-AFA6F49CA3EE.jpg

A521790E-DA1E-43BE-8B8B-898B4081AB1D.jpg

F66542B6-0E68-497D-98EB-70028446C996.jpg

Make sure you make reservations at your restaurants.

Andy is right. And with fewer tables and seats, a courtesy that is much appreciated by the hosts.

And we will hopefully be there at the same time, Gayle! That is usually our week and DD's birthday week...

We definitely will have some celebrating to do when we can all finally return to our favorite paradise, Gina! Looking so forward to it...I'm not going to want to leave!

JEK
I see in your photos you show the Maltese Falcon and other ‘super yachts’ as part of Les Voiles. I have watched these size boats sail in the Bucket but have never seen Les Voiles. Do these same size yachts also sail in Les Voiles? For some reason, I thought it was smaller yachts in Les Voiles compared to the Bucket?

JEK
I see in your photos you show the Maltese Falcon and other ‘super yachts’ as part of Les Voiles. I have watched these size boats sail in the Bucket but have never seen Les Voiles. Do these same size yachts also sail in Les Voiles? For some reason, I thought it was smaller yachts in Les Voiles compared to the Bucket?

I was responding to the OP’s question of the best ways to observe “these types of races”.

We definitely will have some celebrating to do when we can all finally return to our favorite paradise, Gina! Looking so forward to it...I'm not going to want to leave!
So true! Pink Champagne for all! (That means YOU, Kevin, too!) My former neighbor just told me she is coming down in April..she is confident that she can get in (they stay in a villa)...they are now in Ft. Lauderdale, so I guess if you have to turn around, it isn't that far for her...it's a long way back to San Diego if we got stopped at the Border, though. If they are shutting down the larger hotels, I can't imagine what would be next..guess we will have to plan for next year :(

So true! Pink Champagne for all! (That means YOU, Kevin, too!) My former neighbor just told me she is coming down in April..she is confident that she can get in (they stay in a villa)...they are now in Ft. Lauderdale, so I guess if you have to turn around, it isn't that far for her...it's a long way back to San Diego if we got stopped at the Border, though. If they are shutting down the larger hotels, I can't imagine what would be next..guess we will have to plan for next year :(

They can get in if they are homeowners, otherwise nicht, nyet, if the island is not officially open. The situation here is getting out of hand, cases are rising, every week at least 10 people I know are called for contact tracing and have to isolate for 7 days, two friends are seriously, seriously sick, and there were over 20 cases last week at the middle school... hopefully things will improve by April, but not unless those who flaunt the rules change their modus operandi... the fact that residents can go back and forth to the French side of St Martin without a test boggles the mind.