Hypothetical

Status
Not open for further replies.
with the exception of all of these handmade, virtual signaling cloth masks that don't protect people from anything other than getting a tongue lashing from someone. .

Morning, professor.

The guys who stormed the the beaches in Normandy must look at you with awe and wonderment at the unimaginable hardship and trauma you've had to endure. A grateful nation thanks you for your service.

You guys are hilarious how you all have instantly become experts in virology and infectious disease and how you suddenly question science and medicine. Yet you'll trust the dentist when he says you have a cavity, and you'll trust the doctor when he tells you to take high blood pressure medicine or how you won't travel without those little blue pills rattling around in your luggage.

Let's talk about the flu epidemic that has swept the nation this year........Oh, yeah, there wasn't one. Why do you think that is?

It’s wise to always have a healthy level of skepticism regarding “settled science”, medical advice, and governmental anything. Ymmv

It’s wise to always have a healthy level of skepticism regarding “settled science”, medical advice, and governmental anything. Ymmv

Of course, but the same crew that somehow knows that wearing a mask is an exercise in BS feel-good virtue signaling are also the ones clamoring for the vaccine. So we trust the medical professionals who brought us the vaccine, but we somehow know much more than them when those exact same people say that wearing a mask will stop the spread and protect us all?

How about we make a deal, if wearing a tiny piece of cloth over your face in public is to much of a sacrifice, or government oppression, or the first step to tyranny, then go ahead an live your life without a mask, but also pass up the vaccine until the rest of us have it?

I can only speak for myself, but I think masks are marginally efficacious, I haven't had a vaccine, and I'm not clamoring for a vaccine. So, I'm not sure to whom you're referring. I'm not planning on presenting myself for a vaccine until more time passes to discover any side effects and to see if it will even be necessary if the virus just evolves into irrelevancy.
It's not a matter of a mask being a sacrifice, it's a matter of it being ineffectual, dehumanizing, and an infringement of my civil liberties.
By all means, wear a mask if you believe they're efficacious.

Yes, if you are skeptical of science, here are some recommendations:
If you become ill, don't go to a hospital, go to someone's house who believes what you believe. Hospitals are FILLED with people who believe in SCIENCE.
Don't get vaccinated. After all, what do scientists know anyway. And those doctors who spend 10 to 11 years studying diseases and science, what do they know? You're much smarter than they are.

"blind belief in authority is the greatest enemy of truth"

"a good deal of skepticism in a scientific man is advisable"

Would any of you who don't believe in masks allow a Dr. to operate on you if he or she was not wearing a mask? Probably not. If you don't like wearing a mask you probably will really not like being on a ventilator.

Status
Not open for further replies.