Laurent Effel and other storefronts

stbartshopper

Senior Insider
Usually each year, Forum members have posted photos of store windows with the new styles and colors of clothing. Understanding many of us haven’t made our visits to the island for quite some time, we have missed seeing the ‘doings’ of the stores. Is Laurent Effel open with its three stores? Are all of the high end boutiques across from the harbor creating their pretty windows. We remember when LV had a leather hammock one year. Would love to see some photos.

Second this! I love seeing stores, especially high end boutiques, changing their look to match up with their environment. We were in Aspen recently and it was nice to see the different stores showcasing their wintry goods in ways that most other locations wouldn't.

Usually each year, Forum members have posted photos of store windows with the new styles and colors of clothing. Understanding many of us haven’t made our visits to the island for quite some time, we have missed seeing the ‘doings’ of the stores. Is Laurent Effel open with its three stores? Are all of the high end boutiques across from the harbor creating their pretty windows. We remember when LV had a leather hammock one year. Would love to see some photos.

So glad you asked! I am also delighted to see what is in the shop windows, so I can dream about going. I love LE and the people who own it. Does anyone have any news of Anna and family? I've tried to do my best by ordering from stores on the island...:D

Anna has been my most favorite shop owner and good friend on the island for many years....one cannot have too many leather shoes and bags in ones closet...looking forward to getting back down there to add to my collection..

I remember that hammock! It was in the LV window for quite some time... I actually looked up the price one day just for fun, and it was something like €38,000....

Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 9.54.20 AM.jpg

and I am charmed by the bicycle decorated with flowers that sits in front of Malol’s boutique near Eddy’s restaurant.

Malol has cashmere sequined scarves and beautiful semi precious stone necklaces all at reasonable prices.
Glad to hear all stores are open. Say hi to Stephen, their son who runs the men’s shop at Laurent Effel.

and I am charmed by the bicycle decorated with flowers that sits in front of Malol’s boutique near Eddy’s restaurant.

Moi aussi, Amy. It reminds me of Place Dauphine in Paris.

5F7BD92F-21AC-485E-9B4F-8791D4472313.jpeg

Photo: Rebecca Plotnick, IG: everydayparisian

I am crying seeing that picture of a gorgeous (and empty) street in Gustavia. We were supposed to be arriving 10 days from today. Right now I would be busy starting to pack (yes, I am one those), double checking my restaurant reservation list, getting my dog all her paperwork, looking at the villa pictures for the 100th time. Just going to have a little pity party for myself now...:laughing-cry:

I am crying seeing that picture of a gorgeous (and empty) street in Gustavia. We were supposed to be arriving 10 days from today. Right now I would be busy starting to pack (yes, I am one those), double checking my restaurant reservation list, getting my dog all her paperwork, looking at the villa pictures for the 100th time. Just going to have a little pity party for myself now...:laughing-cry:
Can I join your pity party, please? I feel exactly the same way and we also had similar plans! That Malol store looks divine and I do not know it at all..it must have opened more recently than my last visit. What street is it on? It looks like the street that the original Vanita Rosa was on..Buying online to help the economy..

All are welcome to the pity party...got a feeling its a large crowd! We are planning for our next trip for March 2022, roll over into rollover. That means our last trip was 2019...so it will be the longest hiatus from the island for us since 2004. I miss it terribly. And I desperately need a new nylon band for my island bracelet from Diamond Genesis GRRRRRRR!!!

All are welcome to the pity party...got a feeling its a large crowd! We are planning for our next trip for March 2022, roll over into rollover. That means our last trip was 2019...so it will be the longest hiatus from the island for us since 2004. I miss it terribly. And I desperately need a new nylon band for my island bracelet from Diamond Genesis GRRRRRRR!!!
So sympathetic to the pity party..I'm IN..and I think it probably will have to be next Spring as we are rapidly running out of time for this year, especially if the hotels are closing. That store is adorable, and has been opened since I was last there. I will be sure not to miss it on the next trip!

Malol has been on our must bisit list each time we are on the island since she opened her store.
And then a meal at Eddy’s- “Life is good!” or it was.