Target opening date- 3/15

I can only assume this is news from the island grapevine ( real estate offices are included in the grapevine) so unless its in print, you will have to wait for official news. I live on the island also, all that I have heard and this is not official is that the opening date of feb. 28th looks like it may be extended.

I can only assume this is news from the island grapevine ( real estate offices are included in the grapevine) so unless its in print, you will have to wait for official news. I live on the island also, all that I have heard and this is not official is that the opening date of feb. 28th looks like it may be extended.
Thanks Diana. I was just about to ask you and Ellen about last nights meeting.

As you all realize the island cannot make this decision on its own, and there has not been a clear opening date indicated by France. At last night's meeting they were throwing March 15 around as a target date but saying they are going to ask for a fixed date whenever it might be so that they can start taking reservations again and not leave people in a holding pattern. I did not hear that March 15 is a definite date but will keep my ear to the ground !

:up: Yes indeed Dennis. I deleted the post. I'm not really informed enough to comment and didn't want my post to come off as negative, which when I read it back it seemed it might. But I do love those photos!!!

As you all realize the island cannot make this decision on its own, and there has not been a clear opening date indicated by France. At last night's meeting they were throwing March 15 around as a target date but saying they are going to ask for a fixed date whenever it might be so that they can start taking reservations again and not leave people in a holding pattern. I did not hear that March 15 is a definite date but will keep my ear to the ground !
Thanks Ellen

Second time this morning that a thought came to mind, very weird. Are they really opening a TARGET department store here?

Second time this morning that a thought came to mind, very weird. Are they really opening a TARGET department store here?

Remember when the "McDonald's" sign -- or was it "Burger King" -- went up on the roof of a building in Gustavia? (I think it was where Isoletta now is located.) Causing great consternation, it turned out to be part of an art exhibition.

Remember when the "McDonald's" sign -- or was it "Burger King" -- went up on the roof of a building in Gustavia? (I think it was where Isoletta now is located.) Causing great consternation, it turned out to be part of an art exhibition.

I think it was a Pizza Hut sign on the roof and I remember asking our hotel manager about it. We were staying at Le Guanahani that year, so it must have been 2006. She assured me that I must be mistaken because there would never be a chain restaurant on the island. The funny thing was that the space was eventually renovated into a pizzeria.

I think it was a Pizza Hut sign on the roof and I remember asking our hotel manager about it. We were staying at Le Guanahani that year, so it must have been 2006. She assured me that I must be mistaken because there would never be a chain restaurant on the island. The funny thing was that the space was eventually renovated into a pizzeria.

Better memory than moi, Jeanette! I recall that you're right . . . and what a stir it was! Thanks for the recall!