Sad news for Maya’s fans!

cec1

Senior Insider
Dora is leaving at the end of February! After nearly 19 years at the restaurant!

No one should jump to conclusions! It doesn’t mean that Maya’s has been sold . . . or even is close to it! Dora simply, after many years on SBH, wants to return to France to be near her parents & sister. As she told me, “It’s time . . . I feel good about it.”

A very much-loved & big part of the local dining scene, Dora will be much missed for many reasons, including her lovably flamboyant style, the elegant aplomb in which she manages a crowded dining room (& related seating arrangements), and her infinite capacity for remembering the names of returning guests & their special occasions. Quelle dommage!

Bon voyage, Dora!
70E529EC-AB5B-4CA5-BAF7-18B31F2BE47F.jpeg

That’s too bad for Maya’s. Dora was such a great hostess. Just charming and full of energy.

She will be missed, but home and family calls. Enjoy the continuation of a wonderful life Dora :heart1:

Wishing you the best of everything, Dora. You were a huge part of the reason that Maya’s was always one of the best for so many lovers of dining there. Buena Suerte, Bonne chance, good luck!

Sad news for us! Her smiling presence and greeting made a great beginning to an evening at Maya's! But, good for her to be with family and friends. We will miss you, Dora! And we wish you the best!

Dora is such a sweetheart and always made us feel so welcome with her enthusiastic greeting everytime we dined there..
We will sadly miss her and wish her well....

Sooo sad to hear that Dora is leaving Maya’s. Her flare, smiles, hugs, and her way of making you feel like part of the scene at Maya’s will be sorely missed. Wishing Dora a safe trip home and continued good health and fortune ahead!
:heart1:

My best Dora story.

After Irma, we returned for our usual February trip. First night walking along Rue de Bord de Mer on the way to Eddy's we hear sceaming: “JOHN!! SUSIE!!” and Dora comes barreling out of a L'Entracte to kiss and hug us. “Thanks for coming back to our island!” A sweet memory of a sweet person.

Always with the perfect touches.

IMG_3367.jpeg

Dora will be missed for sure and Maya's will be different without her lovely smile and cheery personality to great you as you enter the restaurant!--Best of luck to her in whatever the future may bring!!--Until we meet again!!

My best Dora story.

After Irma, we returned for our usual February trip. First night walking along Rue de Bord de Mer on the way to Eddy's we hear sceaming: “JOHN!! SUSIE!!” and Dora comes barreling out of a L'Entracte to kiss and hug us. “Thanks for coming back to our island!” A sweet memory of a sweet person.

Always with the perfect touches.

View attachment 55488

Truly . . . always with the "perfect touches."