Thread: Europeís Vaccine Rollout Has Descended Into Chaos

Senior Insider Joined: Jan 2004 In the ether . . . Posts: 53,125

Europeís Vaccine Rollout Has Descended Into Chaos

It is an opinion piece, but lots of troublesome points are made.

The real reason goes deeper. It lies in a risk-averse European culture marked, in several countries, by skepticism about vaccines. As a safeguard against public backlash, Europeís leaders sought to secure as many guarantees as possible. Tellingly, one of the most difficult points in the negotiations with vaccine manufacturers was the degree of liability the bloc wanted them to accept if anything went wrong. A source close to President Emmanuel Macron of France told me the bloc had been concerned about combining speed with security guarantees ó two imperatives that, unfortunately, seldom go well together.
    The Marius 100th Birthday Party Memorial -- June 5, 2023

SBH Insider Joined: Aug 2013 Northern Virginia Posts: 2,208

Re: Europeís Vaccine Rollout Has Descended Into Chaos

From what I have been reading, appears to be chaos worldwide, not limited to the United States. Not a good sign that travel without restrictions is in the near future. We are closely approaching more postponement trips to St. Barths than we have completed.

Senior Insider Joined: Jan 2004 In the ether . . . Posts: 53,125

Re: Europeís Vaccine Rollout Has Descended Into Chaos

Quote Originally Posted by dadto6 View Post
    From what I have been reading, appears to be chaos worldwide, not limited to the United States. Not a good sign that travel without restrictions is in the near future. It is closely approaching more postponement trips to St. Barths than we have completed.
    Yes, if you read this article it is clear that supply is low in Europe due to a lot of EU wrangling. Seems the biggest problem in the US is supply. Som people in group 1a who registered in early January still haven't been notified.
    The Marius 100th Birthday Party Memorial -- June 5, 2023