Santa Fe moules

cec1

Senior Insider
. . . message dedicated to all my moules-loving Forum friends, & especially to my Austin/Forum “girlfriend,” Missy (fantastic frites!).

David & Company send hugs for all . . . and wishes for a healthy return of each of you to SBH very soon!
897D06E1-721D-4B0E-8D97-AD5DCEA944B1.jpg
651A9CE9-478A-4BF3-9711-7EA4F43E9C84.jpeg

. . . a memorable evening with long time, dear friends (+ great food & drink— especially tonight’s Chablis Premier Cru 2017).

Best on the island! Happy to see the supply chain has not been disrupted :check1:

Hi from your friends in Lurin.
. . . knowing that you were nearby, and not with me, was difficult . . . but I also know how "A&P" are being judiciously cautious in this environment, with few restaurant outings away from the villa.

Evidencing an aspect of the caution that is needed at this time, as I left my table to leave the restaurant . . . lo & behold, into the restaurant walked two gendarmes to assess the scene! Thankfully, I was wearing my mask . . . as all the restaurant staff had done throughout the evening. The gendarmes seemed to be filling-out paperwork -- checking boxes -- to affirm that Santa Fe was in "compliance" -- mercifully!

Gratefully . . . a happy ending for all!

David!!!

I do miss the Moules at Santa Fé, and I'm not in the least surprised that the team took great care of you.

There may be a shift in the supply chain, perhaps current, perhaps impending, but there is still a good supply chain. My recollection is that I saw an advert for Irish Mussels at Santa Fé, rather than the usual Moules Bouchot. Personally, I would look at that as an adventure to try something different. If the discerning palate of the OP wasn't offended, then it is likely that mine would have been equally pleased.

As to the wine, I have found myself ordering more Chablis Premier Cru bottles in recent years, and Santa Fé has a nice one on their wine list. I've found them to be equally as good as, and less expensive than, other bottles of White Burgundy Chardonnays. This ain't the plonk from my much younger years, when all (US) Chablis was junk. It is great that Santa Fé has been able to keep one on their wine list, and being a bit crisper than the typical (and more Southern) White Burgundy, it is a great choice with the Moules.

And as to the Gendarmes, I hope that they keep checking every single establishment on the island for compliance with COVID protocols, and doing so on every single day and night.

Shout out to David, our family greatly misses enjoying meals at your wonderful establishment.

Having to cancel our two lunches at Santa Fe hurts beyond words. We were due to arrive today, so sad. So good to see David even if we could not be there. Although we had to transfer everything to 2022, I am watching carefully for reopening and perhaps making plans for 2021. Hope it happens soon. Thanks for such a wonderful posting.

Davesdad lives for the Santa Fe moules lunches...even the photo looks delicious! Kevin, thank you for the wine recommendation..Will keep that in mind, although white Burgundy is the only white I drink besides our beloved Champagne! I keep trying to convince myself that Santa Fe is in our future...������ (Kevin, we still good for the Pink Veuve party we owe you��������)

Davesdad lives for the Santa Fe moules lunches...even the photo looks delicious! Kevin, thank you for the wine recommendation..Will keep that in mind, although white Burgundy is the only white I drink besides our beloved Champagne! I keep trying to convince myself that Santa Fe is in our future...������ (Kevin, we still good for the Pink Veuve party we owe you��������)

PSA: an oddity of this Forum is that it only likes on the emoticons found in the box above Screen Shot 2021-02-06 at 1.00.01 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-02-06 at 12.54.10 PM.jpg

Another confusiing thing is when I quoted your reply I could see you emoticons!

Screen Shot 2021-02-06 at 12.54.58 PM.jpg

Looking good Billie Ray!

I have a stupid wine question. I am a big fan of steely minerally Chablis. I had always understood that Chablis was part of Burgundy so that technically while all white burgundies are not Chablis, a Chablis is a white burgundy. Is that not the case?

A French Chablis is indeed a White Burgundy, from the northernmost part of the region, and is made with Chardonnay grapes. “Steely” is a good word to describe it, “flinty” is another.

A French Chablis is indeed a White Burgundy, from the northernmost part of the region, and is made with Chardonnay grapes. “Steely” is a good word to describe it, “flinty” is another.

Grand Cru is the best way to order it!

Another very good use of Northern chardonnay grapes:

IMG_8828.jpeg

. . . message dedicated to all my moules-loving Forum friends, & especially to my Austin/Forum “girlfriend,” Missy (fantastic frites!).

Oh, you are breaking my heart, sweet “boyfriend” Dennis! I see many frite-sharing experiences in our future. In the meantime, I’m thrilled that you had this delightful meal and time spent with David. He’s an island treasure, for sure. :heart1: