Passenger Attestation

andynap

Senior Insider
E43F7495-B766-4804-9A49-F49084986F76.jpeg
F6E66A0B-5917-43BF-94FF-344FFDBFA99D.jpeg
4EDECA6B-A3BB-42A3-A90D-8DCFAA1711CE.jpeg

I'm a little confused over this. Is it something we as passengers need to print out and complete? Or is it something the airlines give you to sign when you check in at the airport?

I'm a little confused over this. Is it something we as passengers need to print out and complete? Or is it something the airlines give you to sign when you check in at the airport?
Good question but I would think the form would have to be filled at the time of booking.

We flew home yesterday so I can speak to this.

While we were on the island, I received an email from American Airlines encouraging me to download the Verifly app in order to complete the new requirements to re-enter the USA. To be honest, the app itself presented a few problems for us (more on that later) but it did give me the opportunity to complete the attestation form online before departing.

Yesterday morning when we checked in at SBC, they presented us with the attestation form and told us that we needed to complete it and present it when we checked in for our flight in Saint Maarten. When we got to the AA checkin desk in Saint Maarten, they also presented us with the form and asked us to fill it out and seemed surprised that we already had one completed. In any case, it is a simple matter to check the proper box and sign and date it there at the check in desk.

We flew home yesterday so I can speak to this.

While we were on the island, I received an email from American Airlines encouraging me to download the Verifly app in order to complete the new requirements to re-enter the USA. To be honest, the app itself presented a few problems for us (more on that later) but it did give me the opportunity to complete the attestation form online before departing.

Yesterday morning when we checked in at SBC, they presented us with the attestation form and told us that we needed to complete it and present it when we checked in for our flight in Saint Maarten. When we got to the AA checkin desk in Saint Maarten, they also presented us with the form and asked us to fill it out and seemed surprised that we already had one completed. In any case, it is a simple matter to check the proper box and sign and date it there at the check in desk.
Ta da.

Thanks for the report! Did your covid test also get checked?

Yes, our covid test results were checked at the AA counter in St. Maarten. I was a little surprised that it was the only place that checked. I guess I thought that we would have to present them when we got to Charlotte as well, but it seems the onus is on the airlines to confirm compliance with the new requirements.

We traveled 30 January, back to the States. Tradewind had online attestation and health forms. They reviewed our negative COVID test at SBH check in. SJU didn’t request anything outside of usual process.

How was your experience getting tested in SBH before leaving? I've heard long wait lines to get tested in st. jean.