Traveling SJU to USA

cec1

Senior Insider
Received today from Delta:

On January 22, you may have received an email from us that said you needed a negative COVID-19 test for your upcoming flight from Puerto Rico, in accordance with the new CDC testing requirements for customers traveling to the U.S. from a foreign country. Since you will be traveling from a U.S. territory, you are exempt from these requirements. You can review all entry or transit travel requirements and documentation needed in advance of your departure date using our interactive map.

We apologize for the miscommunication and any inconvenience it may have caused.”

But wouldn’t you need a COVID test flying from SBH to San Juan?

From the Tradewind site

98551DAD-A9D0-444C-B395-580E2165EB31.jpg

Covid testing for dummies...Love this chart! Much easier than counting out the days on my fingers...

Totally agree with you....love this chart. It's very helpful, as I was somewhat uncertain of the testing timing to be used in our case. We'd be flying in on a Tuesday down through SJU, arriving on SBH on the 4:30 p.m. TW flight of the day at 5:30 p.m. Was trying to calculate whether we should test the prior Saturday afternoon or on Sunday. That being said, it is likely we'll be rescheduling our April trip. The US quarantine rule upon returning the US for international travelers, combined with the restricted dining rule on SBH is pushing us to probably make that difficult decision. It's killing us!!! We are truly aching to return.

Totally agree with you....love this chart. It's very helpful, as I was somewhat uncertain of the testing timing to be used in our case. We'd be flying in on a Tuesday down through SJU, arriving on SBH on the 4:30 p.m. TW flight of the day at 5:30 p.m. Was trying to calculate whether we should test the prior Saturday afternoon or on Sunday. That being said, it is likely we'll be rescheduling our April trip. The US quarantine rule upon returning the US for international travelers, combined with the restricted dining rule on SBH is pushing us to probably make that difficult decision. It's killing us!!! We are truly aching to return.

What is the U.S. quarantine rule upon returning from international travel? I was under the assumption you just needed a negative test within three days of your arrival back in the States.

What is the U.S. quarantine rule upon returning from international travel? I was under the assumption you just needed a negative test within three days of your arrival back in the States.

You also need to quarantine for 7 days upon arrival, per the new executive order.

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices/covid-3/coronavirus-saint-barthelemy

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing...-safety-in-domestic-and-international-travel/

Personally, this is not a big deal as I am able to work remotely, but I can see how this would be an issue for those who still have to go in to work.

We also are considering our April trip..tough to find testing places in our area on a Sunday as we have TW flight on Wednesday.
Can anyone on the island now explain exactly what the first 7 day restriction is on the island. We are okay with not visiting restaurants but are we allowed on beaches and outside hiking...that and our villa with ample supply of rose can get us through!
We will have another week to dine out..

So far you can go outdoors to walk and hike and visit the beaches while maintaining social distancing. You can go to supermarkets and pick up food from restaurants.

We sadly won't be arriving, as scheduled, on Friday, for what would have been our 36th trip - 31 years. "L'année prochaine, sinon avant."

Be safe, everyone.

So sad to read the posts of so many who have made the painful decision to not return yet to the beloved isle so many of us have previously returned to, again & again. Constant changes to restrictions, testing rules, airline flight cuts. 2020 was such a year of stress for the world, and continues in this new year. So much planning goes into the visit prior to the visit, villa vs hotel, where to dine, which beach, where to get the pearls, connect thru SXM or SJU. Everyone has to make their own decision, go or not, the risks. I tear up every time, so it was fun today to see & hear Andy & Sweet Caroline. Be safe everyone.

Nancy, I agree. A tough decision to cancel a visit here for sure.

By the way, love how you snuck in the line about pearls....the gem of the year it seems.

You also need to quarantine for 7 days upon arrival, per the new executive order.

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices/covid-3/coronavirus-saint-barthelemy

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing...-safety-in-domestic-and-international-travel/

Personally, this is not a big deal as I am able to work remotely, but I can see how this would be an issue for those who still have to go in to work.

Not trying to be difficult or start an argument, but I see some "recommendations" but nothing that says it is mandatory that you quarantine upon arrival back in the U.S. once you return from SBH. Also upon arrival in SBH (with the proper negative Covid testing papers), is there some kind of identification that marks you as an island newcomer which would mean you should be in quarantine?