Guess who just turned 50?

He isn't on the Forum, so I will forward these along Facebook where I found the video.

He isn't on the Forum, so I will forward these along Facebook where I found the video.

I remember telling him how popular he was on this forum...back when he owned Santa Fe...his response..."Oh?...I don't have internet".

Thanks John. Please send Manu a big Happy Birthday from his Atlanta friends, Anne and David. We were on island last week and always reminisce about special days/evenings at Santa Fe with him. We had an excellent dinner at Les Bananiers and our wonderful server was the chef's wife. When complimenting her husband's culinary skills, she stated that they try their best for a restaurant off the beaten path to those seeking out some of the more popular spots. I told her that his food that evening reminded us of wonderful meals we had under Manu's watchful eye when he was on the island. She rightfully took that as a high compliment and was very appreciative. All the best to Manu and his life in France!

I remember years ago visiting Santa Fe for the first time, and having a thoroughly enjoyable conversation with one of the employees (I can't remember his name, if he was a waiter or the chef...maybe both?). It wasn't very busy that night, and I was fascinated with this individual's story about his experience as a chef/employee at Walt Disney World. Ever since that visit I have always wondered what happened to him. Manu looks exactly like the individual I remember. Is it possible that it was him?

If I remember didn’t Manu work at Sapoltier as well?

Yes, he was the sommelier at Sapotillier! He is still friends wih Adam and they live in the same area in France.

sapotillier.jpg

Oh, how we loved Le Sapotllier! Many fond memories of dining there. Loved the baby turbot that they had on the menu, and everything else about this restaurant...so good!

Oh, how we loved Le Sapotllier! Many fond memories of dining there. Loved the baby turbot that they had on the menu, and everything else about this restaurant...so good!
A little late but Bon Anniversaire to Manu!! We were HUGE fans of Le Sapotillier...my favorite restaurant when they were open. Of course, we all followed Manu to Santa Fe...Davesdad talks frequently about our divine lunches there and how much he misses them.

97F5A342-87A6-4BE2-9CAF-31913912DF75.png

A little late but Bon Anniversaire to Manu!! We were HUGE fans of Le Sapotillier...my favorite restaurant when they were open. Of course, we all followed Manu to Santa Fe...Davesdad talks frequently about our divine lunches there and how much he misses them.

View attachment 55415

Thanks for posting this. Ate there twice the last week he was owner, but haven’t made it there since. Has the quality and experience stayed on par? Chatting with him and eating the sole was always a highlight of my visits.

Santa Fe dining in the post-Manu world is excellent! And service, led by proprietor David & teammate Alix, is “spot on” — smiling, warmly engaging, smooth, & eager.