Villa Harbour Loft Question

tritter95

SBH Insider
We're currently searching for a villa for the December (not peak season) timeframe, and keep coming back to Villa Harbour Loft in Gustavia (https://www.wimco.com/villas/villa.aspx?pid=904830). We've stayed in Gustavia numerous times, and have walked past Villa Harbour Loft before, so I'm familiar with the location (at the bottom of Rue Dugommier near MasterSki Pilou). My question is around parking. Has anyone on the forum stayed in this villa, or known anyone who has? It does not seem to have dedicated parking, so I'm trying to figure out how bad parking will be in early December on that side of the harbor. Any thoughts on this are appreciated, as it's the only concern we have with the villa.

I would think at worst case you could park in the hospital overlook car park and hike up and down. That part of town is a very restricted on parking and mostly local neighbors. Jimmy has a new house not far away, maybe he could spare a spot :cool:

I would think at worst case you could park in the hospital overlook car park and hike up and down. That part of town is a very restricted on parking and mostly local neighbors. Jimmy has a new house not far away, maybe he could spare a spot :cool:

That's a great point about the parking lot by the hospital. It's not a bad "plan b" if we aren't able to find a spot closer to the house each day. Lol about Jimmy's new house. Yeah I'm sure he could, but I'm thinking I'll probably have better luck at the park. :D

I've rented up the hill near the hospital and walking up that hill every time you need your car woudn't be so fun...

tritter95, have you asked your villa rental agency about parking? We rented Villa Harbour Loft for the Bucket Regatta a few years ago and endedup cancelling after the agency misreprsented that a large yacht could park out front and block our view of the harbor.

I've rented up the hill near the hospital and walking up that hill every time you need your car woudn't be so fun...

tritter95, have you asked your villa rental agency about parking? We rented Villa Harbour Loft for the Bucket Regatta a few years ago and endedup cancelling after the agency misreprsented that a large yacht could park out front and block our view of the harbor.

That's a good point about a yacht being able to park out front. And we did reach out about parking. They mentioned that it "wasn't usually difficult to get parking". That wasn't overly reassuring (not a fan of annoying parking situations). For this one, I think we're going to change plans and venture outside of Gustavia, since we've been staying there a lot lately.

We stayed at Harbor Loft in Feb 2020. There is no dedicated parking space so you have to park on the street. I also booked with Wimco and was under the impression it came with a parking space but when we arrived at the rental we asked about the parking and were told only street parking which was a surprise to us. Parking close to the loft was hit and miss. Some days we were lucky and found a spot close by. Other days you had to circle around by the Collective and park blocks away. Otherwise the place was great and so was Wimco