Vaccinations

JEK

Senior Insider
Good news: Fairfax County opened registration to my age group.

Bad news:

Screen Shot 2021-01-18 at 8.37.01 AM.jpg

SC was to open 1/15 for 75+, then couple days earlier that became 70+, so on appointed day I filled out & submitted the form online, waited a day, nothing back for filling out another form to get to appointments at 2 hospitals that serve our part of SC. Next day, did again, got back the ok & filled out that form which took me to appointments...unable to get anything at the closer hospital, so now to Hilton Head Hosp on 2/19 a Friday afternoon for a 3:20pm appt. Worst time to go to the island with just 1 set of bridges, but I grabbed it. Neighbors same hospital...27 Jan. Had I chosen Beaufort Hosp, I would have been 1 of 6000 cancelled appointments made into March, not enough vaccine. Can I say 'crapshoot' here ?

Mrs. Rivertrash and I both got the first shot of the Moderna vaccine last week at the Vail Health Hospital in Vail. Have appointments for the second shot 28 days later in February.

Mrs. Rivertrash and I both got the first shot of the Moderna vaccine last week at the Vail Health Hospital in Vail. Have appointments for the second shot 28 days later in February.

terrific. I like it when you are able to book that second shot while you are getting that first shot.

take care. Miss you.

We both got our first shots January 6 in Lee County Florida at the old RSW airport site. Awaiting call back for second shot appointment..we felt like we had won the lottery getting scheduled for that first shot...I called 79 times on speed dial till I got through...feeling more confident for our upcoming trip late March..

Our school nursing staff is getting theirs today. Educators are in group 1B in our state, so hopefully I will be soon. Fingers crossed for Randy, as he is not in any of the advanced groups.

Wife and daughter, both in healthcare, go their second doses of the Pfizer vaccine a couple of weeks ago (no timeline for the men in the family). Other than sore arms, no side effects after the first dose, but the second was closer to the shingles vaccine. Daughter was fine, but the wife spent the whole next day on the couch. Slight fever, headache and general malaise. A little sluggish on day two, but otherwise fine.

Thanks. Gives me an excuse to let her do all the errands. Hope you two are doing well and maybe we'll see you in May.

My son was scheduled to get his first dose yesterday, but snow got in the way. Now Friday - fingers crossed! We still haven't heard back on our appointments after two weeks - low supply in Virginia.

Just opened 65-75 here today

After waiting patiently since January 18th, I decided to speak with a human to make sure we were really in the queue. Yes, the phone agent said, but it may take a month before your "number" comes up for an appointment.

Within a hour or so we both received the email invitation to schedule and now have appointments for Sunday morning February 14th at the Fairfax Government Center.
It will be a happy St. Valentine's Day:heart1:present.

File this under:
"The Squeaky Wheel Gets The Grease"!

After waiting patiently since January 18th, I decided to speak with a human to make sure we were really in the queue. Yes, the phone agent said, but it may take a month before your "number" comes up for an appointment.

Within a hour or so we both received the email invitation to schedule and now have appointments for Sunday morning February 14th at the Fairfax Government Center.
It will be a happy St. Valentine's Day:heart1:present.

File this under:
"The Squeaky Wheel Gets The Grease"!

Very happy for you!

We've registered on several sites here in Philadelphia weeks ago, still no word. Dan is 77 and i am 72 with heart issues. Philadelphia of course made national news by mishandling the vaccine distribution initially. Our family doc suggested we try the drug stores. So we sit and wait, and wait, and wait.

We've registered on several sites here in Philadelphia weeks ago, still no word. Dan is 77 and i am 72 with heart issues. Philadelphia of course made national news by mishandling the vaccine distribution initially. Our family doc suggested we try the drug stores. So we sit and wait, and wait, and wait.

Jim I hope you both find a place soon ! Here in SC a crapshoot, thanks to the governor. Out of staters who visited our neighboring island from MN got their 1st shot at Beaufort Memorial recently while those of us who have lived here for years are competing with all the other retirees of certain ages. My first is for 2/19 at Hilton Head Hosp, that was all I could get when registering on 1/15 when 'books' opened up online. My brother lives permanently in OCNJ & got his 1st in Atlantic City after waiting at Rowan U outside on a cold day for hours, person in front got in, not him.