Covid 19 Press Release- 1/17

andynap

Senior Insider
06C13E54-7C72-44A4-9334-223AC42DF7D7.jpeg
A81B80D4-5A31-4E84-B357-F3835B62F0D5.jpeg
5F44A764-4CB5-4B7B-B1AA-FF0293D9F9F7.jpeg

My reading of these articles by Le News and Le Journal is that the change applies solely to travelers from Metropolitan France to the majority of French Overseas Territories, including St Martin and St Barth, and to travelers between the islands of the French Antilles.

I also read them as saying that no testing is required for travel between St Martin and St Barth, but it is recommended that inter-island travelers get either a PCR or Antigen test if they are staying longer than 3 days. Based on the context of the entire articles, I take this as referring to residents visiting the other island, and not to in-transit passengers who might be taking the Voyager ferry.

I read nothing in there which applies to travelers coming from the US.

My reading of these articles by Le News and Le Journal is that the change applies solely to travelers from Metropolitan France to the majority of French Overseas Territories, including St Martin and St Barth, and to travelers between the islands of the French Antilles.

I also read them as saying that no testing is required for travel between St Martin and St Barth, but it is recommended that inter-island travelers get either a PCR or Antigen test if they are staying longer than 3 days. Based on the context of the entire articles, I take this as referring to residents visiting the other island, and not to in-transit passengers who might be taking the Voyager ferry.

I read nothing in there which applies to travelers coming from the US.

Yes

In the ever evolving mixed messages rules, it appears that, for the first time since the pandemic became evident, there are restrictions on inter-island travel.....except SXM? As I recall, many of the early cases were identified as originating by way of visitor/workers from neighboring islands, but I believe, up until this most recent iteration. they were not subject to any testing requirements or quarantines. I believe that now they are subject to some rules?

It also appears perhaps now that visitors from France have a new set of rules to follow - testing affidavits, quarantine, testing - but perhaps not visitors from other European countries or say, like, Russia or the U.S.?

Just not clear, in terms of offering relatively reliable (consistent) protection for the residents (or for those who may still be planning to visit), as best as possible.

Thanks so much for the information, Andy! We are planning to visit late March into April and are trying to get as much information as we can in order to get testing etc. We're coming from Pennsylvania and staying at the same villa we had to cancel last year because of Covid. Our wonderful landlord allowed us a year to come back without any other additional cost. We feel so lucky since I know that's not the usually case on the island. We've stayed here many times and appreciate her consideration during this difficult time. I'll look forward to hearing more info from you and all the members of this forum. As always the forum is so helpful and always full of all kinds of information. Thanks, everyone!

Thank you for the updated status of covid testing for the island. We took our PCR tests last night in Antigua. Heading to SBH Wednesday pending our test results. 1000 bucks for 4 people for covid testing.

Thank you for the updated status of covid testing for the island. We took our PCR tests last night in Antigua. Heading to SBH Wednesday pending our test results. 1000 bucks for 4 people for covid testing.

That is steep!

It also appears perhaps now that visitors from France have a new set of rules to follow - testing affidavits, quarantine, testing - but perhaps not visitors from other European countries or say, like, Russia or the U.S.?
My exact question, that I have not been able to get any response to. Lots of Europeans are traveling with transit in Paris on their way to St. Barth. Will they also be required to do 7 days isolation? "Travelers from Metropolitan area towards St. Barth" is really up for interpretation.