New development-19 villas?

And we supported you and your work on behalf of Year Up and as a CHAMPION of that organization.

There are many organizations doing great work...I hope that continues in 2021.

If it's not in the green/reserve zone then it's in play . . ..

Is there a zoning plan in effect . . . with green zones & other prescribed areas? It's one of those things that seems to have gone back-&-forth for years. A plan approved . . . then found by a court somewhere to be invalid . . . a new plan proposed . . . etc.. I don't recall reading that a plan has been finally approved. If so, maybe someone can post information about it.

I have no opinion personally, but I do know the locals are strongly behind it as it provides many of them a chance for a house....

I have no opinion personally, but I do know the locals are strongly behind it as it provides many of them a chance for a house....

Yes, this is true. The locals have been priced out of reasonable homes for years. This seems to be one way to help with this issue.

Does it amaze anyone else that a price under 2 million Euros is "housing for locals?"

Dennis..Phil asked that very question. Where there’s a will there’s a way.
This project may keep more families together without their kids fleeing the island for affordable homes in far off places.

Does it amaze anyone else that a price under 2 million Euros is "housing for locals?"
I stumbled on that sentence too! I can't imagine the struggle this is causing as I have often wondered how many of the local people afford housing and on the other hand I am saddened by watching the island continually take green space. As a visitor every 5 years or so, it is always shocking to me the growth that takes place between each visit.

Brings to my mind Long Island’s Levittown. Hundreds of houses went up to provide housing for returning GIs and their young families after WWII.

There was a Levittown in PA too, built by same company, town name eventually changed. When I worked on St Croix in 68 for a year, he had his yacht with baby grand at the dock by the hotel where I worked. The yacht was painted blue, don't remember the name.

On a side note regarding the price of a villa, a 2017 Christie's report on real estate around the world placed St. Barths number two for the average starting price for a luxury home. I am unable to copy and paste the report. Number one was Monaco at 10 million USD, St. Barths 8 million USD. And we know prices have not dropped.

Monaco
St. Barths
Zurich
London
Cannes
Telluride Colorado
Hong Kong
Palm Beach Floida
Honolulu
Paris
Vancouver
Sao Paulo
Tokyo
Buenos Aires

On a side note regarding the price of a villa, a 2017 Christie's report on real estate around the world placed St. Barths number two for the average staring price for a luxury home. I am unable to copy and paste the report. Number one was Monaco at 10 million USD, St. Barths 8 million USD. And we know prices have not dropped.

Monaco
St. Barths
Zurich
London
Cannes
Telluride Colorado
Hong Kong
Palm Beach Floida
Honolulu
Paris
Vancouver
Sao Paulo
Tokyo
Buenos Aires

This is worth repeating -- in 2017, Christie's said that the average starting price for a luxury home on St. Barths was $8MM (US)! About $8.5MM today. The statistic cries out for a definition of "luxury."