I fell into a sea shanty portal on Youtube and thought you all might need this one

Another great one! A bully in the alley is an immobile drunk left behind by other drunks who are still mobile!

Write your own shanty, a how-to guide with background tracks from the Royal Opera House... useful for anyone in the grips of resurgent interest in sea shanties, which I thought were as dead as disco...

Disco! Another time portal I can descend into! My excuse for sea shanties came from a recollection of my dear departed father-in-law singing a G rated Barnacle Bill the Sailor to his 3 year old grandson, my son. That search led to the XXX rated version of BBtS and then into sea shanty territory.

Disco! Another time portal I can descend into! My excuse for sea shanties came from a recollection of my dear departed father-in-law singing a G rated Barnacle Bill the Sailor to his 3 year old grandson, my son. That search led to the XXX rated version of BBtS and then into sea shanty territory.

To rock the boat during the Great Folk Music Scare, one could play Bawdy Sea Shanties (1952) by Oscar Brand. It brought songs such as Good Ship Venus to the attention of impressionable victims of the Great Folk Music Scare... the true version of the Good Ship Venus that Loudon Wainwright recorded in 2006 was less fit for public consumption than Brand's and even a rendition from the Sex Pistols...