Thread: The Villa Hunt

SBH Member Joined: Jan 2014 Roswell, GA USA Posts: 26

The Villa Hunt

Hello Forum friends - haven't been here in a while although I drop in from time to time to get my SB fix and live vicariously through many of you regulars that seem to make it to the island on a regular basis. In the planning phase of our 4th trip which will be the second one with our kids. I am happy to report that yes even teenage boys get the appeal of SB and when given the choice of many places to go they wanted to come back to SB. I love the fact that they fell in love with this island too at a young age, I think it just speaks to some people. I also think their affair was also highly influenced by the lovely Rosita and Les Basses as that was their first experience and lets be honest, even 8 & 10 yo boys understood how special the place is and appreciated how well Rosita took care of us.
    Fast forward 7 years and we are returning with 15 & 17 yo boys. Although we loved Les Basses we do want something on higher ground this time with a beautiful view. Priorities include a great pool and sun deck with jaw dropping views. 3 bedrooms, modern or current decor, AC in bedrooms, workout room and bonus if pool table or other form of entertainment in the villa. I would like to stay under 14K for the week for the villa. We will be there in value season. Some I am considering include: Villa Ginger, Clementine, Coco (REP) Lorient, a villa or suite at Le Guanahini (when they open). I recognize the Le Guanahini is not like the others but I do like the idea of onsite beach, pool and spa convenience. On top of everything we have to find a lap pool for my older son who is a competitive swimmer and will need to swim daily. I think the municipal pool will work for that but if another Le Guanahini's new pool is conducive to lap swimming that would make that property even more appealing.
    I value this groups experience and insight and any inputs or villas I should consider is appreciated.

SBH Insider Joined: Jun 2014 Virginia Beach, VA Posts: 777

Re: The Villa Hunt

Petit Pont is great for teens and has amazing views. It’s at the top of Lurin near the “zoo animals” and Santa Fe. No workout room, but you are close to the gym. Has a downstairs and upstairs living room so they can have their own space. The pool is pretty big.

Agave Azul was damaged by Irma, but I think it is back in action. Has a largish pool and a gym with a very nice view. Lot of exercise walking its steps, as well.

Thanks 24loar and Tiffany. Will check out both. Tiffany - what makes Petit Pont particularly good for teens? Is it the separate space? also what is the reference to "zoo animals"?

SBH Insider Joined: Jun 2014 Virginia Beach, VA Posts: 777

Quote Originally Posted by GinaC View Post
    Thanks 24loar and Tiffany. Will check out both. Tiffany - what makes Petit Pont particularly good for teens? Is it the separate space? also what is the reference to "zoo animals"?
    Just past Santa Fe and the store at the top of the hill, there are some life size figurines of giraffes and stuff....it’s a good landmark for finding the villa driveway. The separate space is nice, and my son did a lot of hiking in the hills around it including Les Castelets ruins. The view is 180 degrees. It used to have a koi pond, but I don’t know if it’s still there after Irma. Lots of turtles and hermit crabs in the yard.

SBH Insider Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 6,156

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany View Post
    Just past Santa Fe and the store at the top of the hill, there are some life size figurines of giraffes and stuff....it’s a good landmark for finding the villa driveway. The separate space is nice, and my son did a lot of hiking in the hills around it including Les Castelets ruins. The view is 180 degrees. It used to have a koi pond, but I don’t know if it’s still there after Irma. Lots of turtles and hermit crabs in the yard.
    I don't know the Villa, but the location is great for beach access -- very close to Gouveneur . . . with Saline, Shell, and St. Jean beaches nearby.

SBH Insider Joined: Apr 2008 Glen Cove,L. I., NY Posts: 27,116

The giraffes have a zebra friend. These are full size outdoor ornaments fenced in by the Maison des Plantes, nursery and landscape business.
    Remember Yesterday, Dream About Tomorrow, But Live Today.

Got it. I have checked out the villa and the bedding arrangement doesn't work for us but love the location. Open to any others in this area, will checkout the Wimco and others too for this area.