Warning about FedEx -- Covid Consultants

We checked about Category B acceptance before dropping off our packages, and obviously the counterperson could read the "Category B" label when we dropped off the packages. The FedEx center accepted Category B packages. That wasn't the problem with our delay.

We're at the airport now. No information from Covid Consultants -- in other words, no testing results. Fortunately, our Plan B test (a free test from our state health department) came through before our check-in -- and obviously, before the results from Covid Consultants. Looks like our trip will happen. Nerve-wracking.

Very smart you did 2 tests.
Sorry to hear about covid consulants and not giving you a full refund.

My daughter's Covid Consultants FedEx shipment was also not received in 24 hours although it was mailed at the same time as her fiance's which was delivered on time. It took a day for FedEx to track it down and they only rushed it because it was a medical sample. Then it was very challenging to reach Covid Consultants to get it tested and results sent within a few hours. She literally got results within hours of boarding the plane. The entire 48 hours was (expensive) stress.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience....we used COVID consultants via Fedex, sent our test Tuesday, received an email with our results this evening(Wednesday) fly in Friday.

We're at the airport now. No information from Covid Consultants -- in other words, no testing results. Fortunately, our Plan B test (a free test from our state health department) came through before our check-in -- and obviously, before the results from Covid Consultants. Looks like our trip will happen. Nerve-wracking.

Bon Voyage! Once you step off the plane upon arrival in SBH this will all seem like a distant memory. Have a GREAT time!!

I’m sorry to hear that- our experience is the complete opposite- FedEx our package Tuesday of this week- arrived at Covid consultants( Lubbock TX) Wednesday morning at 11am- 10pm Wednesday night received email from them with our negative results - Today uploaded results to St Maarten EHAS application with pre approval 30 minutes later- Friday we leave for paradise! Can’t wait—11 days in heaven !!

Re: Warning about Covid Consultants

Shouldn’t this be a warning about FedEx?

Not directly their fault of course, but if it is indeed the delivery agent that they recommend a warning on here for those who choose to get their tests done there seems valid based on the number of discussions about testing on here and the number of times COVID consultants in particular is brought up. It was always my worry when thinking about using them or another “home testing” lab. 5% seems really high. Kind of loses the whole “guarantee” part. Maybe some of those 5% get there a day later and still yield a test result in time to travel? Regardless if that is the delivery agent COVID consultants chooses, they bear some responsibility IMHO

On all these FedEx delays - the Christmas rush will be all tamped down by June or so :cool:

In my experience, getting a refund out of FedEx for a delayed shipment is difficult. You have a much better chance of getting a payment for a shipment that is damaged in transit than you do getting a refund for a delayed shipment.

In my experience, getting a refund out of FedEx for a delayed shipment is difficult. You have a much better chance of getting a payment for a shipment that is damaged in transit than you do getting a refund for a delayed shipment.
......I won't even begin to tell you how many times Fedex and UPS have denied damage claims due to "insufficient" packing materials no matter how well it was packed...I took a picture of a driver drop kicking the packages off the back of the truck and send it along with any damage claims I have....don't get as many refusals to pay as before..

Recently, cases have become more frequent when delivery services untimely fulfill their obligations and refuse to compensate the customer for the damage caused. I am very sorry that you got into such a situation and I think the delivery service should be punished. Have you tried to go to a lawyer and sue them? I had an experience when I got into a similar situation, and I managed to sue for compensation for the damage caused to me. Now I always track my parcels using sendungsverfolgungpost.de to avoid getting into an unpleasant situation again

Re: Warning about Covid Consultants

The “nonsense” is rational response to a global pandemic that has killed hundreds and hundreds of thousands. This island that we love is trying to protect her citizens and her livelihood.

Not to mention that St Barth does not require a test for those who are vaccinated.

Also many people have had success with the eMed tests that are done on the phone with a proctor, no FedEx required, is that not a good option? My daughter used it here to fly back to the States a few weeks ago with no issues. Results almost immediately and she had brought the test with her ....