It appears the crosswind was rather tricky today

During the winter months of November to January, the prevailing wind is from the northeast at 15-20 knots. The fabled Christmas winds can produce 25-30 knots for several days at a time. By February the windsstart to move around to the east and by June they are blowing out of the southeast at 10-15 knots.

We have been here on island for other canceled New Year's Eve yacht parades and for moving the big ships out of the harbor.

Wow. I was watching the flight tracker this afternoon, and there were no flights around SBH for the longest time. I was wondering if it had closed. You could see the whitecaps in St Jean, and the wind was howling in sxm

We have been here on island for other canceled New Year's Eve yacht parades and for moving the big ships out of the harbor.

I don’t think I realized how intense the winds are during this season. That plane put it in “oh-sh*t” perspective.

Christmas winds. I was in sxm one year and we were sailing around the island and the captain had on a ski parka. I had to jump in the water to warm up and swim to shore.

Whatever the flight did, much respect to the pilot. Pilots train for bad days, not good days. This was a bad day.

Have you ever been here in a hurricane? this was just a little windy in comparison, and I haven't been here for any of the big ones!
I should’ve been more specific; I was referring to the holiday season. I have been in several hurricanes, however, none on St Barth. I can’t even imagine how scary that must be.

Made my first saint barth landing today. Could not have been smoother. One thing that stuck out to me is how high you are ad you approach the runway before you start the descent. This was no where near as nerve wracking as I had anticipated and I'm not a great flyer