La Petite Plage

andynap

Senior Insider
Where is this located? Supposedly it was Victoria before. It’s near Bagatelle downtown

4328578B-EE97-4249-BF24-FEA14544236B.jpeg
1E29C144-D1AC-4340-9120-351A7A88C2FD.jpeg

I'm guessing it's a new restaurant for the Annie Famose group. Like their La Petite Plage in St-Trop'
Menu signé Éric Frechon, *** Michelin at L'Épicure à Paris

Not quite all, but a bit.

While I am happy that the location will continue to be a waterfront restaurant, the constant turnover to deeper and deeper pocket groups isn’t a great trend. If I wanted St Tropez then I would go to St Tropez. I’ll certainly give La Petite Plage a try though, especially if it has an Éric Fréchon menu as the sister restaurant in St Tropez does. After all, how often do you get to try a menu created by a MOF?

. . . the re-branding of the former "Victoria" restaurant could be related to a rumored shuffling of ownership among several notable SBH restaurants, including the alleged sale of a formerly locally-owned restaurant (not Maya's) to a deep-pockets French corporation. As Kevin notes. . . an unsettling trend.

. . . the re-branding of the former "Victoria" restaurant could be related to a rumored shuffling of ownership among several notable SBH restaurants, including the alleged sale of a formerly locally-owned restaurant (not Maya's) to a deep-pockets French corporation. As Kevin notes. . . an unsettling trend.

Dennis, I'm sure it was unsettling to many when David Rockefeller purchased his properties. Life goes on, mostly for the better of the island families with decades, if not centuries invested with little return.

Dennis, I'm sure it was unsettling to many when David Rockefeller purchased his properties. Life goes on, mostly for the better of the island families with decades, if not centuries invested with little return.

I agree, John . . . though the Rockefeller purchases, I suspect, didn't foretell for locals the changes that now seem to be trending. I think that the telling transaction in discerning the island's future growth came with acquisition of Eden Rock by the Mathews.

The island's ongoing evolution, as you suggest, offers much for island families and will continue, I believe, to attract investment and tourism, which support many residents . . . as long as personal safety continues to be a reliable aspect of island life.

Has anyone been able to dig up their menu online or otherwise? They don’t seem to publish it on website or FB or InstaG.