4th Day - November 2020 Trip Report

lvbookworm

SBH Insider
Even though the day started with a few clouds and a few drops of rain we still got up early and put together all the necessities for a day at the beach.

We packed up the beach chairs, umbrella, a picnic lunch and a demi bouteille of Veuve Clicquot and headed toward Gouverneur. On our way through town we decided to drive around the harbor just to check things out. We managed to get ourselves on a series of one-way streets, and when all was said and done we ended up in the hospital parking lot. We had never been here before and decided to get out of the car and explore a little bit on the walkway near the water. What a beautiful spot!

B4157410-2A00-4ECE-BDFD-126145869F46.jpeg

By the time we got to the beach the clouds were gone and the view was just as beautiful as always.

908BE366-40E1-49F7-97D9-999801958D64.jpeg

We arrived early and at first had the beach pretty much to ourselves. As the morning progressed there was a steady stream of arrivals, but everyone managed to find their own little piece of paradise. We were there for most of the day and were sad to leave when the afternoon came to an end.

After a long day in the sun we were ready for our dinner reservation at Santa Fe. This is always a highlight of our trip, and it did not disappoint. For starters we each had the duck fois gras ravioli with morel emulsion. Normally we don’t order the same appetizers, but this one was so good neither of us wanted to share. The photo just doesn't do this dish justice.

7386BF91-3DD6-46FB-B9A1-487A9D382F9F.jpeg

For a main course I had the filet mignon with pureed potatoes, roasted vegetables and peppercorn sauce, and Kelly had the “pulled suckling pig.” When I saw this item on the menu all I could think of was pulled pork bbq style piled on a hamburger bun with cole slaw. As much as we love a pulled pork sandwich, Kelly assured me this dish was nothing of the sort. It was interesting that the meat had been shredded but then re-formed into a type of patty. I was so busy enjoying my filet that the pork was gone before I got a chance to try it. Kelly assured me it was outstanding.

9900723E-B876-4DC7-9945-B9084A22A83C.jpeg
66637486-94FB-45FE-8AE8-9B9D1F3A14FF (1).jpeg

For dessert we had the café gourmand which was a sampling of small desserts. I can’t remember what was what – but we had no trouble finishing every last bite.

B63AEB40-4BF9-4720-8AA4-9C55FE6BB889.jpeg

The meal concluded with the traditional shot of rhum vanille, and we decided that Santa Fe now has our vote for “top rum” award. (Pearl Beach used to be our favorite – but not this year!)

Another day, another beach, another exquisite evening meal. Who could ask for more?