Voyager

tcpnyc

SBH Member
While I despise voyager, folks are trying to make last minute plans to come down for Xmas and- no surprise Winnair and SBC are sold out on the dates. My friends were some of the Americans screwed by Voayger in early November, so just wanted to see if any American has actually ridden the ferry with no issues?

Great Bay Express website states that they will restart ferry services December 3rd. Previously they had November 25th.

Premium IV put us on the Voyager one trip when the weather closed down the SBH airport. They whisked us to the other side of the island and purchased tickets for us. The waves were quite high, and windy, nevertheless, we had absolutely no trouble riding. The ship is well outfitted, clean, and we rode down below (had to because of the rain) and kept our eyes on the horizon to stabilize our sense of balance. I would take the Voyager without hesitation in the future. In nice weather it would be pleasant to ride upstairs in the fresh air.
It is longer than a flight, but it gets you there, and isn't that the ultimate goal? Good luck to all holiday travelers!

why not charter a plane from Juliana, much better way to get here than the Voyager under any circumstances... especially after flying one or two flights to get to SXM...

got it- sounds like not many americans have done the ferry lately...I agree with charter, but not my $$$ lol...

The last time that I looked at SXM-SBH Charter pricing it was around €1200 each way. I don't know what the price might be around Christmas/New Year, when everything seems to have a premium price.