First Night Dinner

lvbookworm

SBH Insider
As has become our "tradition" - our first night dinner was at Les Bananiers. We arrived a few minutes after they opened and were treated to a table near the open-air window in the back. After a coupe de champagne, we enjoyed Les Accras de Morue and the special starter of the evening - Œufs Cocotte (eggs baked in cream with mushrooms and homemade fois gras, served with toasted bread). Absolutely incredible!

Bananiers1.jpeg

For entrees we had the pizza reine and campagnarde - always favorites and just as good as remembered.

For dessert, we can never resist the Crumble de Banane - carmelized bananas in warm chocolate sauce with a lightly puffed/crunch topping. I could eat this dessert every day!

Bananiers2.jpeg

I have not eaten breakfast yet however my mouth is watering. Cheryl and I have only had the pizza there. Next trip no longer! Thanks for sharing.

What a terrific dinner. We too have learned that Bananiers has a lot more than pizza that is wonderful to eat.

What a delightful first dinner! Can never miss by dining at Bananiers. My mouth is totally watering now!

Excellent review and corresponding photos. Love Bananiers and look forward to dining there in January. Your post brings me back to Amy and Phil’s dining reviews that I used to follow religiously in the weeks leading up to each visit. I recall your trip report from a prior visit as excellent as well. If your schedule permits, keep it coming as I’m confident your reporting is appreciated by others as well!