Latest Covid Test Info.

EddyG

SBH Insider
I have been trying to figure out what the testing rules are here so I emailed Bruno Magras for the latest news on testing. Here is exactly what he wrote today:

I have a good news for you that I have just received :
The test J+7 is not anymore requested by the French Health Authorities.

Therefore, if the US health authorities don't request it on arrival at the US borders, there is no more problem.
However, the Lab have tests available, the problem they are facing is the manpower to serve everyone on time.

Good news for tourists that don't want to get the 2nd test, but I thought this was how they caught some of the positive cases coming from France. Hopefully this doesn't lead to an increase in COVID cases on the Island if those who tested negative 3 days before arrival but subsequently (or just before) contracted the virus walk around infecting others without knowing they are positive. I guess you can say that could be the case everywhere. Wear those masks...

I emailed St Bart Commuter and they said you need one to get back into Sxm to go back

I emailed St Bart Commuter and they said you need one to get back into Sxm to go back
Eve- if you get a test in SBH the day before you leave you should have the results the day you leave which should suffice for SXM and MA

Eve- if you get a test in SBH the day before you leave you should have the results the day you leave which should suffice for SXM and MA

I thought so. But then I started thinking that Mass wants it within 5 days of Arriving in Mass. 3 tests in 8 days is tough

I thought so. But then I started thinking that Mass wants it within 5 days of Arriving in Mass. 3 tests in 8 days is tough

We have to get tests on the seventh day AND the eighth day because we return on eleventh (closed on the Sunday, and we don't want to disrupt last day. But, we're here, and that's a very big that!

We have to get tests on the seventh day AND the eighth day because we return on eleventh (closed on the Sunday, and we don't want to disrupt last day. But, we're here, and that's a very big that!

Take a look at Ed's opening post of this thread, Aipotu. It looks like you may not need to perform the day+7 test. Great to here you're there!!

I have been trying to figure out what the testing rules are here so I emailed Bruno Magras for the latest news on testing. Here is exactly what he wrote today:

I have a good news for you that I have just received :
The test J+7 is not anymore requested by the French Health Authorities.

Therefore, if the US health authorities don't request it on arrival at the US borders, there is no more problem.
However, the Lab have tests available, the problem they are facing is the manpower to serve everyone on time.

Sorry. Who is Bruno Magras?

Are there any official forms or a website that confirm what you’re saying? You would make my day as I leave on day 8 and it doesn’t make any sense to me to take this on day 7 when no one (for me) will check when I am leaving (transit through sxm and California)

Sorry. Who is Bruno Magras?

The President. The Mayor. The Sheriff.

39D89E27-1D3A-424B-9343-AFD2E1B46B78.jpeg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruno_Magras

That's not good news to me. The day 7 test added an extra level of security and was a safeguard to diagnose anybody who arrived infected.

Taking the test on day 7 simplified things for us. So now we need to figure out if a test is required to fly home in transit via SXM and enter MA and NJ airports.

And according to SBC, and those that recently did it, you need one to get into sxm. Even in transit. Someone said they check that when you check into sbh for flight to sxm. Mass rules say 72 hours prior to Mass arrival, or quarantine

And according to SBC, and those that recently did it, you need one to get into sxm. Even in transit. Someone said they check that when you check into sbh for flight to sxm. Mass rules say 72 hours prior to Mass arrival, or quarantine

This is our NY rule also and we are traveling SBC via SXM. I am petrified of being asymptomatic and testing positive away from home. It breaks my heart but I think we have to cancel.

Thank you, Eve. We'll get tested before leaving regardless. It will be good to go home with test results in hand. We have our pre-flight tests early tomorrow morning here in Cambridge, 3 days before we leave and my kids re using The Covid Consultants. $1,000 for testing before we go and another $800 on the island... Not the optimal way to spend my vacation $$, but if it limits the spread of the virus then it's money well spent.

Divabella, that is indeed the worst case scenario for any of us.

That's not good news to me. The day 7 test added an extra level of security and was a safeguard to diagnose anybody who arrived infected.

\\

Yuh, the benefit of the extra level of security/safeguard seemed far greater than the added challenge of the day + 7 test.

I received this follow up email from Pres. Bruno Magras. I paste it exactly as was written so that I do not add anything to it:

"Things are moving so fast that we don't know what will be the next decision from the French Government.
Normally from next week we should have a test in place at the airport but the PCR test within 72h before arrival is still in place."