Currency exchange question

There is a Currency Exchange in Gustavia, Change Caraïbes. It's on the upper floor, on Rue de la Republique, the street that comes into town from Public, and ends with Le Select in front of you, at which point you're forced to turn left or right. The block starts with Goldfinger on the left, and ends with Bar Oubli on the left, Le Select in front of you, and Lou Lou's Marine on the right. Change Caraïbe is across from the main Goldfinger store (I think there are still two), on the right, on the upper level.

The image below is looking backwards on the street, against the one-way traffic, with Change Caraïbes on the left. The main Goldfinger store is out of frame on the right.

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?pb=!...UKEwiu4ubVg4_8AhVHqXIEHeeQB-oQ7ZgBKAB6BAgTEAI

In Cassis at the moment. There are 5 ATM machines in town, one each for La Banque Postale, CA, BNP, Société Marseillaise, Crédit du Nord.
Never before (nor in SBH in décembre) but all 5 are notifying before distributing € that they are adding on 6 to 8% for themselves!!!!

Outrageous. The LCL in SBH charged me a flat 5€ in décembre, so 1 point something percent on 300€ withdraw. Fair enough.
Has this practice made its way to Saint-Barth recently?

At home, my bank waived the ATM fee but charged an outrageous 3% ISA fee. I read them the Riot Act, and they waived that fee too.

LCL here is still a flat 5€... hopefully that will not change.

What happened to the days of travelers checks one could get at AAA as a perk of membership, and stores gave you back the change in local currency.... no fees involved.

In Cassis at the moment. There are 5 ATM machines in town, one each for La Banque Postale, CA, BNP, Société Marseillaise, Crédit du Nord.
Never before (nor in SBH in décembre) but all 5 are notifying before distributing € that they are adding on 6 to 8% for themselves!!!!

Outrageous. The LCL in SBH charged me a flat 5€ in décembre, so 1 point something percent on 300€ withdraw. Fair enough.
Has this practice made its way to Saint-Barth recently?

At home, my bank waived the ATM fee but charged an outrageous 3% ISA fee. I read them the Riot Act, and they waived that fee too.
welcome to France.....

Had déjeuner yesterday at a seriously good resto (Bib Gourmand, clearly bucking for une étoile) (https://www.restaurantlenid-flayosc.fr/) in Flayosc en Provence Verte (magnifique) and tried ATM there. 5€ flat fee on 300€ withdraw.
Going to have to have a talk with Madame le Maire de Cassis about what’s going on in her town. Not amused. :mad:
Ill send you an article explaining all the taxes put on French citizens ... crazy!!!!