Warnings by Scientists Are No Longer Theoretical

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think anyone or anything is typical. There may be an average. I'm on it:check2:

[h=1]Carbon Footprint Of Best Conserving Americans Is Still Double Global Average[/h]Date:April 29, 2008Source:Massachusetts Institute of TechnologySummary:An MIT class has estimated the carbon emissions of Americans in a wide variety of lifestyles -- from the homeless to multimillionaires, from Buddhist monks to soccer moms -- and compared them to those of other nations. The somewhat disquieting bottom line is that in the United States, even the people with the lowest usage of energy are still producing, on average, more than double the global per-capita average.Share:

FULL STORY

image.jpg

Carbon Footprint Of Best Conserving Americans Is Still Double Global Average

The global average person lives in a hut (like Barry's half brother), doesn't have a private swimming pool, doesn't fly 1st class to sbh and sfo and dfw and Zimbabwe and has no air conditioning. Now go ahead and get in the front of the line if that's the co2 empreinte de pied that you desire. Just do it on your own without ramming it down our throats.

I'm not the enemy, just the messenger. Even if one lives in the forest of New England and eats local there is huge carbon footprint.

PS You asked for it, I just copied and pasted. :pray1:

The global average person lives in a hut (like Barry's half brother), doesn't have a private swimming pool, doesn't fly 1st class to sbh and sfo and dfw and Zimbabwe and has no air conditioning. Now go ahead and get in the front of the line if that's the co2 empreinte de pied that you desire. Just do it on your own without ramming it down our throats.

I don't think the article was ramming anything down anyone's throat. http://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/hottest-year-on-record/2015/embed/

I don't think the article was ramming anything down anyone's throat. http://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/hottest-year-on-record/2015/embed/

sorry. not impressed. too many variables. too much data and model fraud and manipulation. aside from the fact that you're assuming claimed temp rise is attributable to anthropogenic causes and specifically co2. which you don't know. and if temps are rising, you'd prefer another ice age? besides that, just like peace on earth, your co2 footprint begins with you. get rid of your clothes dryer and dry your clothes on a line. refrain from air travel and if you must do fly coach. turn your ac off and use fans. use led lighting. live in a modest-sized home. ride your bike to the grocery store. set your tstat to 65 in the winter. etc

I love it....a discussion about carbon footprint amongst people with 3000 square foot homes ..hot tubs...pools..central AC....tanked hot water....instant hot water.....etc

hilarious....

carry on ...

mike, i think this is the second time we've agreed! although i doubt anyone's home in this discussion is only 3000 sq ft.

I love it....a discussion about carbon footprint amongst people with 3000 square foot homes ..hot tubs...pools..central AC....tanked hot water....instant hot water.....etc

hilarious....

carry on ...

Wow Mike, I thought you were smarter than that.

No one on this planet is 100% pure. Even your sanctimonious self. It is possible to be pro-environment and live in a house and use hot water.

Wow Mike, I thought you were smarter than that.

No one on this planet is 100% pure. Even your sanctimonious self. It is possible to be pro-environment and live in a house and use hot water.

You are 100% right..no one is 100% pure...now let's talk about and compare the level of impurity we.all have and I ll bet you a hundred bucks to your dollar my footprint is far less than anyone in this here thread ....and we have plenty of heat and hot water and creature comforts.....talk is cheap ��......Let's see the walk

Status
Not open for further replies.