Scuba SBH 2024 No. 5: Swimming With The Fishes, And A Shark

Jim Kelly-Evans

Senior Insider
The strong North-Westerly winds today 29/3/2024 forced us to seek the protection offered on the East side of Sugar Loaf. We were treated to visits by a King Mackerel, a couple of sharks and a colorful array of the other fish inhabitants of the reef. It was a splendid final dive for this visit to St. Barth.

P1260061.JPG

P1260068.JPG

P1260069.JPG

P1260074.JPG

P1260077 (1).JPG

P1260083.JPG

P1260084.JPG

P1260086.JPG

P1260094.JPG

I always celebrate at the end of a series of safe dives.

Last edited:
Jim, have enjoyed your photos & other postings on this trip. Curious about the length of the shark in the last pic ? The colors so vibrant in most shots, especially with the langouste. And that blue fish !
My niece is a volunteer at the aquarium in Camden, at Christmas she was an elf in with the sharks.
Safe travels home where I expect ugly weather when I'm there next week till go 'down the shore.'

Many thanks for this very special underwater visit that so many of us do not get to see while in SBH! There is so much to see that is hidden below the waves and out of range of snorkeling...who knew?! We look forward to your next visit and safe travels home 🙏 🥰

Jim, have enjoyed your photos & other postings on this trip. Curious about the length of the shark in the last pic ? The colors so vibrant in most shots, especially with the langouste. And that blue fish !
My niece is a volunteer at the aquarium in Camden, at Christmas she was an elf in with the sharks.
Safe travels home where I expect ugly weather when I'm there next week till go 'down the shore.'

Nancy, the shark was about 6 - 7 ft long snout to tail, very docile and moved a bit for me so I could better frame the photo. Delighted that your niece works at the Camden facility. It's very nice. Have a good time when you finally get "down the shore!"