Scuba SBH 2024 No. 2: The Reef

Jim Kelly-Evans

Senior Insider
As Mr. Rogers used to say: "It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood." Indeed it was a beautiful day on the reef in the SBH Marine Park at Le Pain de Sucre. Several lobsters, a small shark, and a game of hide and seek with a Four Eyed Butterfly Fish were highlights of today's dive.

P1250910.JPG
P1250920.JPG
P1250927.JPG
P1250930.JPG
P1250932.JPG
P1250937.JPG
P1250941.JPG
P1250943.JPG
P1250956.JPG

Awesome! What are your thoughts on the state of the coral? It looks good in the photos but it's hard to get the scale.
We did a little snorkeling the other day in Marigot because it was so clear and still. There was a little coral on the rocks but not much. We did not do the far wall though (too lazy to swim that far...)

Awesome! What are your thoughts on the state of the coral? It looks good in the photos but it's hard to get the scale.
We did a little snorkeling the other day in Marigot because it was so clear and still. There was a little coral on the rocks but not much. We did not do the far wall though (too lazy to swim that far...)
Thanks, Marybeth. I think the state of the corals in the Marine Park is good. I dove St. Croix in February and I thought the corals there looked not as lush as I am used to seeing here.