Gyp Sea Houses

JEK

Senior Insider
IMG_4945.jpeg

Interesting . . . I expect that they’ll be very popular. “Breakfast included!”
Maybe. The location is not very impressive tho, right next to the road, near the restaurant's valet station.

Maybe. The location is not very impressive tho, right next to the road, near the restaurant's valet station.
Not exactly "right next to the road" . . . actually, in my observation, they are wedged in between La Guerite Beach & GypSea -- quite close to the beach. Not "impressive" . . . except that the units are within a short walking distance of the beach, and there are very few such cottages on the island. Location, location, location.

Not exactly "right next to the road" . . . actually, in my observation, they are wedged in between La Guerite Beach & GypSea -- quite close to the beach. Not "impressive" . . . except that the units are within a short walking distance of the beach, and there are very few such cottages on the island. Location, location, location.
Yes, much closer to the beach (than the road) from what we saw when at GypSea in June. The decor lovely--reflective of the "gypset" look of Villa Marie, I believe now known as GypSea hotel--and the location a draw for those attracted to the "scene" on that part of St Jean. All reflected in the price!

Cute little map shows the location Dennis describes, and more info here: Gyp Sea Beach Houses -
Could the noise from the three loud beach restaurants be a deterrent to staying there for some people? View attachment 67222
”Noise” . . . an interesting issue. Like Andy, I wouldn’t want loud music “all the time.” But, let’s keep in mind that loud music at the beach — perhaps even most of the time — is a draw for some people coming to St. Barths. The draw even extends to wanting accommodations offering ready access to such venues.

I’d also note that music (loud or not) emanating from Nikki Beach, La Guerite, & GypSea isn’t continuous. Mornings generally are quiet or subdued in volume. Afternoon “thump thump thump” is “stock in trade“ for the three restaurants, attracting a lot of patrons & — I’m willing to bet — people who aren’t averse to staying next to it. (Nikki Beach, moreover, is very pleasant during weekday afternoons (& has very good food!).)

Evening sounds from these restaurants also isn’t much of a factor . . . that is, I think that Nikki generally closes at 6 PM, La Guerite at the Beach closes late afternoon (patrons are re-directed to La Guerite in Gustavia), & evening DJ music at GypSea is subdued (compared to afternoon volume). Weekends during “the season” occasionally see special evening parties at GypSea . . . but, I suspect that the parties & GypSea villas are an attraction for a discernible (mostly young & affluent) segment of SBH tourists . . . the same ones who enjoy late nights at La Guerite in Gustavia, Bagatelle, Petite Plage, Bonito, Casa, & Le Ti.

Yes I suppose if you didn't want that kind of beach scene you wouldn't stay there. It's a choice, and for some people, a draw.. they do look nice...