For five years, oh how you have teased us...

B&T from CLT

My wife and I had the pleasure of spending our honeymoon in St. Bart's five years ago this May. We actually took the ferry into Gustavia which turned out wise because we were able to take in the vibrant hillside colors of the homes as we approached.

Our first dinner was at Andy's Hideaway (no need to elaborate obviously). The remarkable part of the dinner, besides the food, were the two couples sitting around us. Both stated St. Bart's has kept their marriages together so they come every year. Right there, I vowed to my wife I would bring her every five years unless we could afford every year :D. We have been anxiously counting down the days since we departed as every poster on here states. Come May, our bliss awaits and we can't be more excited. This time we are arriving by air...

Thank you to this forum. I have been a serial lurker prior to our honeymoon and finally decided to become an online islander.

Welcome B&T - some of us are lucky enough to visit this magically place every year..and some more than once..and some every five years. It doesn't matter the frequency, there is always that feeling of sheer joy from planning stage to the heart stopping landing on the airstrip. It usual takes just one visit to become hooked and you never look back. Enjoy your return and congrats on your fifth anniversary. Look forward to your contributions here on the forum.

Lurkers are welcome, but you'll owe us a post about your SBH impressions after a 5 year absence! It'll be good to have you back on the island!

Lurkers are welcome, but you'll owe us a post about your SBH impressions after a 5 year absence! It'll be good to have you back on the island!
@cec1 I haven’t been on in quite some time obviously but we are excited!

My wife and I had another wonderful trip in 2014. Fast forward to 2024 and five kids, we are headed back in May sans kids. We were reminiscing of the restaurants we visited in 2009 (honeymoon) and 2014. Here is the itinerary for May: Sleep, Beach, Hike, and Eat. I’ll try to do better this time for a trip report.

We are married 34 years! Been enjoying SBH 25 years+. Renewed our vows on our 20th at the Anglican Church - Reverend Charlie Vere Nicoll was the officiant
…beautiful memories. We count our blessings every time our plane lands SBH - May 8 coming soon. We ❤️ SBH.

We are married 34 years! Been enjoying SBH 25 years+. Renewed our vows on our 20th at the Anglican Church - Reverend Charlie Vere Nicoll was the officiant
…beautiful memories. We count our blessings every time our plane lands SBH - May 8 coming soon. We ❤️ SBH.
Congratulations! Much to celebrate in your SBH & personal history!

B&T I hope you’ll post more frequently than every ten years. Otherwise your occasional return will be like a comet or maybe eclipse. We also split our honeymoon between Anguilla and St Barts. Took us 10 years to come back but have been coming once or twice a year since then. Congratulations and welcome back.

We will celebrate our 29th anniversary on St. Barts in May. We spent our honeymoon and many, many more good times here. We are grateful to still be celebrating!